Model Cars Magazine Forum

Is it me???

BlackSheep214

2 hours ago, Bucky said:

Sorry... I missed the link. I just now clicked on it. This model is certainly something very different.

I still think that 1:1 scale snap-model-kit of the Nissen CUP NOODLE is weirder than a fantasy spaceship "Iwata".

Also, spaceship model miniatures in many SciFi films have often been designed using all sorts of mundane contemporary objects.

Edited by peteski
  • Haha 1

It makes sense to me. Though I’m not into spaceships, It seems fitting that an airbrush company would offer a model that looks like an airbrush in disguise so that you can use your own Iwata to paint all the little details on and then have an interesting piece to talk about, or just to collect.... I think it’s pretty clever.

On 9/19/2021 at 6:50 PM, BlackSheep214 said:

Or am I imagining it? Or do the Sci fi kit designers lost their creative juices? I mean, come on... who would buy and build a space ship that looks exactly like a dual action airbrush??  LOL!!  I came across this in Lucky Models website. 

https://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=PSD-AMK-001

spaceairbrush.jpg

It docks with a space station that looks suspiciously like a Smart Jet compressor.

Got a delivery today from Lucky Models. Even with EMS from Hong Kong still worked out cheaper than buying the kits in Australia.

XDYXWjd.jpg

Only difference between the two kits, is box art and the Iwata version has 2 parts with the Iwata name on them.

EEJFfo3.jpg

Edited by Cool Hand
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim B said:

I don't read Japanese.  What is the difference between the Special Edition & the Standard Edition?

To my knowledge these are the pieces that replace the unmarked pieces in the standard kit:
538349931_iwatamodeldiff.png.83337d6d2c06af410694ce7577b270e1.png

The box says this kit is based on the Iwata HP-C Plus. It is not. The HP-C Plus has the angled air channel as seen on mine:

1913015118_myhpc.thumb.jpg.f87207f77817c0a7bcf4e630b54cc200.jpg

It is actually based on the Iwata Eclipse HP-CS (Plus). I believe a Plus model would have the same handle on as my HP-C+ with the needle stop. I looked on the Iwata website but did not find an Eclipse HP-CS+. Iwata image of Eclipse HP-CS:
1148409121_eclipsehpcs.jpg.6dfc494f1d5209db6197c5ff4edeb8ab.jpg

This painting by Gerald Mendez is what inspired the model. Mr Mendez's painting was of a Kustom Micron CMC.

1537000635_mendezab.jpeg.2a42d1843e08667178e0a41a790db99e.jpeg

Edited by DPNM
  • Thanks 1