Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Jaguar Roadster

Received the new Revell Jaguar E-Type Roadster kit today.  The body pieces are molded in a terrible green and the *tan* for interior and top pieces is not much better.  Those can be fixed with prime and MCW paint.  The real problem is the same as with the coupe kit, the bonnet fenders are bowed out and will require some heat and reshaping to fit as intended.  The kit is packed into the flat box that Revell uses quite a bit and if it is not shipped to you in a more substantial box I think there will be damaged parts.  Luckily mine was shipped from England in a rigid box that appeared to be made for the Revell type box.

I have the new Revell coupe kit as well and am looking forward to beginning the build process.  These appear to be very detailed and should be impressive models when built.  I was stationed in Germany from Feb '62 to Aug '64 and had the opportunity to drive both models of this car and have always wanted to build models of them but never saw one with the detail of these two until now.

jaguar roadster 1 .JPG

jaguar roadster 2.JPG