Model Cars Magazine Forum

1956 Canadian Mercury Redeau Victoria.

carbuilder1950

This is a really nice resin body that I used a 1956 fort as a donor kit. I added the continental kit, with some modifications,

and the Chrome roof band, and I also added the chrome strip along the top of the rear fenders and foiled them.

Lastly, I detailed the engine bay, and did a little interior work, and of coaese I hinged the hood - FUN STUFF.

I love this Mercury design and colors.

I smoothed the door handles, but left the rest of the trim.

Olds Fiesta,  and wide whites finished the ol' girl off.

This sure is fun stuff.002.thumb.JPG.555dbce1866dfd89fe3f2d248593bcc7.JPG

064.JPG

054.JPG

012.JPG

009.JPG

003.JPG

010.JPG

007.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

005.JPG

Edited by carbuilder1950
  • Like 1

The colors, the paint, the lowerness...all looks amazing! great car you've built.

But, if you allowe me to give a small piece of critism what cought my eyes. Please try to remove the moldinglines on the chrome bumpers (next time perhaps). on the rear left bumper the chromechip cought my eye. because i'm sometimes to unmotivated to remove the chrome, sand them down, and rechrome them, blablabla etc. .....a small and fix repair is to sand the moldinglines down with 400/1000 wet sandpaper and cover the corners with molotow chrome. that works very well. 

As said: the overall look is amazing!

2 hours ago, Dominik said:

The colors, the paint, the lowerness...all looks amazing! great car you've built.

But, if you allowe me to give a small piece of critism what cought my eyes. Please try to remove the moldinglines on the chrome bumpers (next time perhaps). on the rear left bumper the chromechip cought my eye. because i'm sometimes to unmotivated to remove the chrome, sand them down, and rechrome them, blablabla etc. .....a small and fix repair is to sand the moldinglines down with 400/1000 wet sandpaper and cover the corners with molotow chrome. that works very well. 

As said: the overall look is amazing!

@Dominik

Thanks for the great advise. I'll give it a try next time!!! 👍

Edited by carbuilder1950