Model Cars Magazine Forum

This is not an ad for Model Car Roundup

Kit Karson

Those not familiar with the kit may want to check out my in-depth online review of the original 2016 version of this kit at this link.  

The new boxed kit shown at the beginning of Kit's post up top is exactly the same as the one in my preview, other than the revised box art and decals, the substitution of the Nailhead V8 for the SBC in the original kit, instruction sheet, and apparently the lack of the Halibrand wheel option.   TIM   

• Like 1

On 9/29/2021 at 8:31 AM, roadhawg said:

Pre-ordered a couple. Now I remember why I don't get on here a lot......y'all end up costing me money. 😄

Just saw some pictures you posted of the speedway gathering... do me a favor and let me know when the next one is going to be held, OK?  btw there's an ACME meeting this Sunday at the Smyrna Community Center, 2:30 til about 5 PM -KK

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2021 at 6:46 PM, Craig Irwin said:

I still wish these kits had a traditional drive train.

The Monogram (not Revell) '30 Coupe is a factory stock kit, OOP but available on your favorite auction site: https://www.ebay.com/itm/334185624758?hash=item4dcf03f4b6:g:qKQAAOSwXE9hbM97

-RRR

Edited by Rocking Rodney Rat
  • Like 1

While we are wishin' for kits, I wish Revell would dig out that tool. The Stock kits ( Coupe, Cabriolet & Phaeton)all share the same chassis and stock engine. The 283 Chevy in the Phaeton as it now sits will drop into the Coupe kit. I'd like to see the tooling brought back in close to it's original configuration. So Many Mix 'n' Match possiblities.

• Like 2

On 10/19/2021 at 10:59 AM, alexis said:

While we are wishin' for kits, I wish Revell would dig out that tool. The Stock kits ( Coupe, Cabriolet & Phaeton)all share the same chassis and stock engine. The 283 Chevy in the Phaeton as it now sits will drop into the Coupe kit. I'd like to see the tooling brought back in close to it's original configuration. So Many Mix 'n' Match possiblities.

It would be nice to see all the stock parts returned to them, too.

I wonder who has control of those moulds now?

Charlie Larkin

5 hours ago, charlie8575 said:

It would be nice to see all the stock parts returned to them, too.

I wonder who has control of those moulds now?

Charlie Larkin

I don't believe the stock parts ever left these kits ( Monogram 30 Coupe, Cabriolet).The last reissue of the coupe was ONLY stock parts. I don't believe the Cabriolet has been released since the 70's, but that last issue was all stock as well.

Someone would simply have to look at the box for the cabriolet to see where it was molded. Since the Coupe was last done about 20 years ago (I think) as part of the R/M SSP limited release series there's a chance it was produced in the US, and could now be in Atlantis hands. But that's just conjecture

Last release of the Coupe (that I can recall)

image.jpeg.5568953c0a6eb4717693cb4b6902e9e2.jpeg

Last release of the cabriolet I can recall

30 Ford Cabriolet, Monogram 7552 (1974)

On 10/21/2021 at 12:32 PM, Mr. Metallic said:

I don't believe the stock parts ever left these kits ( Monogram 30 Coupe, Cabriolet).The last reissue of the coupe was ONLY stock parts. I don't believe the Cabriolet has been released since the 70's, but that last issue was all stock as well.

Someone would simply have to look at the box for the cabriolet to see where it was molded. Since the Coupe was last done about 20 years ago (I think) as part of the R/M SSP limited release series there's a chance it was produced in the US, and could now be in Atlantis hands. But that's just conjecture

Last release of the Coupe (that I can recall)

image.jpeg.5568953c0a6eb4717693cb4b6902e9e2.jpeg

Last release of the cabriolet I can recall

30 Ford Cabriolet, Monogram 7552 (1974)

The cabriolet parts would be in the Coupe tool. Wasn't that SSP issue somewhere around 1995? 

I wouldn't mind seeing the stock Model A come back myself, and it seems there's a little more interest in Europe than in the US for pre WW2 subjects, so maybe the numbers would work this time?

While we're dreaming here, it would be nice to see the return of stock building options on the Monogram '34 and '36 Fords.   In a perfect world, I'd love to see the same upgrade that they did on the '40 Ford, but this will do.

6 hours ago, Richard Bartrop said:

I wouldn't mind seeing the stock Model A come back myself, and it seems there's a little more interest in Europe than in the US for pre WW2 subjects, so maybe the numbers would work this time?

While we're dreaming here, it would be nice to see the return of stock building options on the Monogram '34 and '36 Fords.   In a perfect world, I'd love to see the same upgrade that they did on the '40 Ford, but this will do.

I like your thinking. The 36 is certainly feasible. The 34 saw a good deal of modification to create the ZZ Top Eliminator and the Thom Taylor Cabriolet. So much less likely. Then again, if Round 2 can do it, Revell GMX can as well. But would they...?