Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1968 Dodge Dart GTS 1/25 Scale 2'n1 Kit.

Dragonhawk1066

Here's the Revell 1968 Dodge Dart GTS. What a fantastic kit! Everything fit great, and I had pretty much no issues at all with the build, although I did have to shorten the rear axles to fit the wider tires inside the stock fenderwells. The color is Tamiya TS-53 Deep Metallic Blue over gray primer, and was cleared with Tamiya TS-13. The red stripes are decals from the Revell '68 Charger 2'n1 kit. The seats, door panels and dash are Apple Barrel Gloss Black craft paint. The engine is a mixture of Folkart Dutch Aqua with a touch of Apple Barrel Laguna craft paints. The wheels are from Morgan Automotive Detail and were airbrushed with Molotow Chrome. The rear tires are from Fireball Modelworks, and the fronts are from the parts box, although I'm pretty sure they came from the Revell '68 Chevelle kit. I did the trim in Bare Metal Foil and added door locks, valve stems, and ignition wires for added detail. Again, what a great kit, I really enjoyed this build. I included both indoor and outdoor pics to show how the metallic paint pops in the sun. Thanks for looking!

2.JPG

7.JPG

21.JPG

27.JPG

32.JPG

39.JPG

43.JPG

49.JPG

54.JPG

60.JPG

64.JPG

66.JPG

67.JPG

Edited by Dragonhawk1066
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Tom99 said:

Very nice.

9 hours ago, Intmd8r said:

Nicely done!

8 hours ago, afx said:

Very nice work.

8 hours ago, Bronzekeg said:

good looking build.

5 hours ago, Hi-Po said:

Good looking build and nicely done.

3 hours ago, ChrisR said:

Very nice!

2 hours ago, espo said:

Great looking paint work and I like the red tail stripes. Nice engine and chassis detailing. 

2 hours ago, TooOld said:

Well done !  That color looks great with the red stripes !

1 hour ago, Zippi said:

Very kewl looking did.

1 hour ago, crazyjim said:

Well detailed and SHINY 🙂🙂🙂

41 minutes ago, FLHCAHZ said:

Beautiful!

Thanks guys! Much appreciated!

Hi Craig, stunning colour combo and awesome shine. The red stripe really pops. I used that colour many years ago on Blazer, very nice colour. Unfortunately for me, that was before I started polishing my builds, yours looks waaayyyy better. Love the wheel choice too, great build sir.

Cheers, Steve

19 hours ago, Steve H said:

Hi Craig, stunning colour combo and awesome shine. The red stripe really pops. I used that colour many years ago on Blazer, very nice colour. Unfortunately for me, that was before I started polishing my builds, yours looks waaayyyy better. Love the wheel choice too, great build sir.

Cheers, Steve

17 hours ago, Bills72sj said:

That turned out SWEEET!

14 hours ago, Dominik said:

Really nice!

13 hours ago, bisc63 said:

That is one slick Mopar! Love that color, and the engine bay is especially nice. Very well done!

10 hours ago, Classicgas said:

Well done.  Plug wires are a little  overscale, but laid out very nicely.  Great  paint. 

8 hours ago, Kool Kat said:

Those are the 10.5mm wires, very popular in the 1:1 world today..*

Very Nice Dodge!!!

5 hours ago, Classicgas said:

Well they look thicker than the heater hoses. Nonetheless it's a very nice build.

Thanks everyone! 

While the plug wires are admittedly just a tiny bit overscale, I don't consider them egregiously oversized, especially considering they're the same 30 AWG size most everyone else uses. They may look like the same size as the heater hoses, but they are not. I do admit the heater hose diameter is on the small side, but it's the kit supplied heater hose assembly that I chose to use.

• Like 1