Model Cars Magazine Forum

2006 Ford Mustang GT

ModelcarJR

I had some good weather last week so I was able to paint a couple of bodies. Painted this Mustang body (3 pieces) with Tamiya Silver Leaf followed by Tamiya Clear to effect a Satin Silver for this model year. Yesterday, I had some passable weather so I painted some interior and other pieces.  I've mocked up part of the interior and have the black highlights done on the body except for the headlight buckets. I trimmed the windows with a "King Size" Sharpie and the driver and passenger trim was done with a brushed acrylic paint cleaned up with a cotton swab. I taped off the inner fender accessories after painted them black and then painted the inner fenders silver.

You may notice another body in the background; a 48 Ford Convertible that I painted Testors Extreme lacquer Turquoise last week. I've rubbed that one out too and will be next as a mild custom. Thanks for looking! 

enhance

Thanks, All! I appreciate your comments! And thanks Curtis for the heads up on the suspension, although I am not sure how I will trim this one. I'll have to give it some thought.

I've started working on the rear tialights, etc. I didn't paint the rear panel black and its raining this week so I won't get a chance. I am not a big fan of the GT stripes but I guess I'll use them under the circumstances. The taillights are clear plastic so although I have painted the inner surface clear red they are still a little too bright for me. I like the dark red look on the taillights. So I painted the body under the taillight black. Then I blackwashed the creases in the taillights and painted the backup light. I applied the decal and cut it out for the third taillight on the trunk. Its still drying.  I painted the center of the gas cap because the decal has poor registration and the GT looks better than with the decal. Thanks for looking! 😎

00-Y-8Yc6DVh--ZPkGITLwl4ftFjzPT9fAvEBf1aalWdFxokiWZff6pqlzYf6ILU7vO4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1633131187

00-Y-8Yc6DVh--ZPkGITLwl4ftFjzPT9fAvEBf1aalWdFzSp5cvxbauGX5WdyWuSlwrUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1633131187

enhance

• Like 1

Finished the engine and just need to add some blackwash and decals. Mocked up the body, interior platform and chassis with suspension pieces and wheels. The stance and height look just right to me - stock.  I am not one to lower the body into the weeds. Too many bumps and bruises!  Thanks for looking! 😎

00-Y-8Yc6DVh--ZPkGITLwl4ftFjzPT9fAvEBf1aalWdFyiQ38VxRna7ksajjt_4qTN4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1633280870

00-Y-8Yc6DVh--ZPkGITLwl4ftFjzPT9fAvEBf1aalWdFzHYZE3LwkgLwj6l9c69crM4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1633280873

00-Y-8Yc6DVh--ZPkGITLwl4ftFjzPT9fAvEBf1aalWdFwH_27cMSMxp1FCgm9hCLXErnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1633280875

• Like 1

Thanks, Carl! Yes, this is a very nice kit! It surprised me at how easily it goes together.  The grill pushes in around the fog lights and needs no glue. Likewise, the chassis/interior assembly snaps right into the body - no glue. And here it is minus a few decals that will be applied soon! Thanks for looking! 😎

00-Y-8Yc6DVh--ZPkGITLwl4ftFjzPT9fAvEBf1aalWdFxQVP0G6OGNcTh-2NDzsF0jldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1633467029

00-Y-8Yc6DVh--ZPkGITLwl4ftFjzPT9fAvEBf1aalWdFw3I_qe-57KUC599ZH-1X2MKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1633467024

00-Y-8Yc6DVh--ZPkGITLwl4ftFjzPT9fAvEBf1aalWdFwAZMhOhP566wouvnuMqNYQaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1633467024

• Like 1