Model Cars Magazine Forum

*1929 Model A Roadster*

Zippi

The final product looks excellent despite the struggles.  As somebody else pointed out, and I agree, you really captured a nice vintage look.  Your resolution of the windshield frame actually looks quite good from the photos.  Looking forward to following more of your work. 

5 hours ago, Andrew McD said:

The final product looks excellent despite the struggles.  As somebody else pointed out, and I agree, you really captured a nice vintage look.  Your resolution of the windshield frame actually looks quite good from the photos.  Looking forward to following more of your work. 

Thank you Mr. McDermott.  

1 hour ago, carbuilder1950 said:

I'm kind of a new guy here, and hadn't seen any of your work yet.

This is very, very nice. Love the detailing, colors and stance.

VERY CLEANLY built and presented - BRAVO!!

Thanks Dave.  I just put a video of my 29 on my utube channel this morning.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCIN98AGmuoT_YhqIs1Ll9Cw

Bob, I just got done looking and reading through your whole WIP on this build, and can say I know what it’s like to have a build fight you to the end as I am working on one that’s doing it to me right now.😓

I also recently bought one of these and the window frame looks exactly as yours did, so I guess I can plan on some fabricating... I was also glad to get the heads up about those “side dots”.

With all the struggles you went through on this one it still came out looking good.  ...And it’s one of those things you can always go back to later on and tweak things if you wish. Too bad about Revell’s poor quality control lately.

Good job man👍

1 hour ago, Venom said:

Bob, I just got done looking and reading through your whole WIP on this build, and can say I know what it’s like to have a build fight you to the end as I am working on one that’s doing it to me right now.😓

I also recently bought one of these and the window frame looks exactly as yours did, so I guess I can plan on some fabricating... I was also glad to get the heads up about those “side dots”.

With all the struggles you went through on this one it still came out looking good.  ...And it’s one of those things you can always go back to later on and tweak things if you wish. Too bad about Revell’s poor quality control lately.

Good job man👍

Thanks Josh.  Hope to see your 29 in the WIP section soon.

2 hours ago, mchook said:

Hey Bob, your old A Model came out really nice! You definitely had more patience than me when it came to dealing with that windshield. Another one for your shelf that you can be proud of.

Thanks Mark.

A very generous forum member Craig Stansfield (Mr. Metallic) sent me a very nice straight windshield frame with no warp & the glass to replace the warped one I had already installed.  Just to update everyone, the windshield frame that came with my kit was warped so I bought a second kit and it was warped.  I contacted Revell and they sent me two replacements but the were also warped.  I had to pour the glue to the windshield frame to get it to conform to the shape of the glass.  The clean frame & glass looks so much better.  I very much appreciate the new frame and glass.  That's what this site it all about.  Modelers helping one another.     

20211013_083050.jpg

20211013_101116.jpg

20211013_101132.jpg

20211013_101147.jpg

Edited by Zippi