Model Cars Magazine Forum

Neil Bonnett '89 Grand Prix

bogger44

Here's my latest completion, nowhere near my best work but here it is.  The biggest challenge was the 30+ year old decals, a handful of them wouldn't cooperate and iron out even with loads of setting solution and work.  I probably should have looked around online for an aftermarket set instead of continuing to fight through them but oh well I can live with it the way it is.  I sprayed on some clear to protect & seal them in and that didn't come out the best either.  I did some polishing to it, but not a lot as by this point I just wanted to finish it and get it off the bench.   She's 100% out of the box, no mods/additions anywhere.  Duplicolor Polar White, Cardinal Red, and Tamiya TS-15 Blue are the colors.  Even with the frustrations I encountered I'm still fairly happy with it.  Edit...I just realized I forgot to paint the fuel filler cap, will get that done.

2v2at5K85xAKN8F.jpg

2v2at519yxAKN8F.jpg

2v2at5KMNxAKN8F.jpg

2v2at51oGxAKN8F.jpg

2v2at51AVxAKN8F.jpg

2v2at51BhxAKN8F.jpg

2v2at51YgxAKN8F.jpg

2v2at51u5xAKN8F.jpg

2v2at51eqxAKN8F.jpg

Thanks guys, I appreciate the nice words.

On 10/6/2021 at 11:01 PM, slusher said:

Great build Tony, your really a good builder on these stubborn NASCAR kits. Next one I have too deal with your getting a PM. I enjoy seeing your work brother…

Thanks Carl, I'll be glad to help in any way I can, but I'm no expert on these.  Feel free to drop a PM anytime my friend. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I remember building that years ago when the kit came out. I was what 10-12 yrs old at the time. Didn't look that good. have been thinking about building another one but just can't stop thinking about the old kit decals and what they might be like. Yours looks great.

• 2 weeks later...