Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tandem axle Haul Away car transporter


Recommended Posts

This is the AMT Haul Away trailer with a tandem axle. I used 2 kits to make this a tandem plus I reworked the upper rear deck to be able to support a car and transport in the raised position that now allowed 3 cars in the lower level. I also fixed the lower front section ramps so you can drive a car all the way to the front. The load of cars are all 1967 model year Dodge’s and Plymouth’s. 

6C8D4DE4-05E0-4241-80AD-F60B3DEF9313.jpeg

93A6FB29-A85A-4B51-9401-6E7344724192.jpeg

4D51A055-392B-4F3E-B832-F24A6D53A189.jpeg

A21F782C-D19D-4285-8B02-8ABDF5FCE22A.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great job, lots of great details put into it, looks as if AMT actually offered this tandem haul-away trailer. In keeping with a previous comment in your build section about Dodge trucks hauling Dodge cars, I wonder how the IMC Dodge L 700 ( new for '66)  single screw would look hauling this load of  '67 Dodge and Plymouth cars?

Edited by leafsprings
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Man, it turned out good... The supports for the rear ramp look authentic... All the holes drilled give it that realism it needs, and the tandem axle just works for this trailer... Makes so much more sense, this way... Beautiful... Can't wait to see it in person... Awesome build...

Edited by kilrathy10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/1/2021 at 8:20 PM, leafsprings said:

Great job, lots of great details put into it, looks as if AMT actually offered this tandem haul-away trailer. In keeping with a previous comment in your build section about Dodge trucks hauling Dodge cars, I wonder how the IMC Dodge L 700 ( new for '66)  single screw would look hauling this load of  '67 Dodge and Plymouth cars?

Thanks Tommy, the L700 would work for the local deliveries. 

On 10/1/2021 at 9:42 PM, yh70 said:

looks great

Thanks Dave

22 hours ago, kilrathy10 said:

Man, it turned out good... The supports for the rear ramp look authentic... All the holes drilled give it that realism it needs, and the tandem axle just works for this trailer... Makes so much more sense, this way... Beautiful... Can't wait to see it in person... Awesome build...

Thanks JT. Friday is the HAMS meeting. 

21 hours ago, grodudulle77 said:

Awesome build !!👍😀

Thanks Philippe

17 hours ago, ChrisR said:

Looks great!

Thanks Chris 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/2/2021 at 11:06 PM, Bronzekeg said:

another great build Dan!

Thanks Ken

On 10/3/2021 at 3:21 PM, Toys4Don2 said:

I really like the modifications. The original always looked a little toy like. 

Thanks Don I just couldn’t leave it the way it was. 

23 hours ago, Pete68 said:

Dan. Looks really nice you did a great job on it 

Thanks Lee

18 hours ago, Kromolly said:

That is just awesome.  The trailer looks much better with your mods.  And the load of cars... wow, each one nicely detailed.  Simply fantastic... thanks for sharing.

Thanks Roy, I built the cars over a 10 year period. The GTX and Charger are the only box kits the other ones are resin bodies. 

14 hours ago, Dominik said:

nice load of cars!

Thanks Dominik

11 hours ago, David G. said:

Aside from your excellent work on the trailer itself, all the upgrades you made look like they came with the kit.

Well Done!

David G.

Thanks David I appreciate it. 

5 hours ago, 1959scudetto said:

x 2 - you built a nice mopar hauler with fitting load, Dan !

Thanks Helmut. I’m starting on another Mopar hauler now. Its going to be 7 Mopars from 1970. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Amazing job! Everything about this setup is perfect. I see you started another transporter already, I'm surprised your not resting your fingers for a little while longer after drilling, I mean building this one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/6/2021 at 11:22 PM, slusher said:

Beautiful Semi and trailer!  Sharp load of Mopars!

Thanks Carl 

On 10/7/2021 at 7:42 PM, kilrathy10 said:

Outside pics are always nice.... Too cool... Can't wait to see it, tomorrow...

Thanks JT

On 10/8/2021 at 6:22 AM, PappyD340 said:

I agree with Carl

Thanks Larry 

On 10/8/2021 at 10:11 AM, mchook said:

Amazing job! Everything about this setup is perfect. I see you started another transporter already, I'm surprised your not resting your fingers for a little while longer after drilling, I mean building this one.

Thanks Mark, not to many drilled holes required with the new one the trailer is checkered plate. 

On 10/8/2021 at 1:59 PM, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

I really like what you have done with this one!! I like the cargo too!😀 The outside pictures look great! Excellent work!!

Thanks Brian 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...