Model Cars Magazine Forum

I said I'd NEVER buy one of these but..............

I love all these not-quite a wagon but not a SUV-type cars. I can fit tons of swap meet material, including tables, into my Kia Rondo, and have absolutely no issues with room. I call it the TARDIS, because it is a blue box that seems to be bigger on the inside than it is on the outside! 

I wish I could have the manual trans on mine, but it was only available on the entry-level model for that year. No issues with the automatic transmission, but I have to keep this car in good shape since I don't think I can find a good replacement anymore.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well Bill , welcome to the world of SUV.   I thought it meant , stupid ugly vehicle. But I now have 3. A Jeep Grand Cherokee. Ford Explorer, and a Toyota Sequoia, The corvette, 65 mustang and the 85 Honda si are not driven much. The SUV’s are very handy. I was like you but when you use it, cannot beat them. My buddy John loves saturns. Has quite a few. He is a retired mechanic and has always driven saturns. Great score. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

You done right, Chief. When the clutch slave cylinder( IT'S PLASTIC )  craps out just bite the bullet and absorb the $1,500 bill. Ask my kid, it is worth it to pay. It's not a job you can do at home. Just pay. You'll be much happier!

That was one of the issues I had with my last Saturn. The rod that connects to the back of the clutch pedal (also plastic) would no longer stay put and the dealer quoted me that exact figure to fix everything, as that was part of the clutch slave cylinder. In hindsight, I might have been able to replace just the pedal, but I was at a point that I wanted another car, so I let it go and went and bought the Challenger.

It served me well........my Ion Coupe had 155,000 miles on it and the engine still ran like a brand new car. It used NO oil and no smoke out the back of the tailpipe at idle or at speed. With only 79,000 miles on the Vue so far as I write this, I'd like to hang on to it for a looooooong time. ;)