Model Cars Magazine Forum

427 Cammer in a '67 Mustang GT aka "Platinum Pony"

Bills72sj

I really like the look of the black teardrop hood with the silver and your home-made decals came out perfect. I’m amazed you were able to fit that wide SOHC engine in and still leave the tops of the strut towers and brace. Your scratch-built solder headers came out really nice in your WIP, too bad they’re so hidden. All around beautiful drag car build, thank you for sharing!

8 hours ago, papajohn97 said:

I really like the look of the black teardrop hood with the silver and your home-made decals came out perfect. I’m amazed you were able to fit that wide SOHC engine in and still leave the tops of the strut towers and brace. Your scratch-built solder headers came out really nice in your WIP, too bad they’re so hidden. All around beautiful drag car build, thank you for sharing!

John, Thank you for the compliments. The engine was quite challenging to fit. With the interior, strut braces and both ends attached to the body, it was like a Chinese jigsaw puzzle to fit together.

8 hours ago, iBorg said:

How did you print the decals? Car looks really like a local bracket or lower class race car.

Mike, They were formatted using old school MS Paint. I then printed them on ebay inkjet paper. 24 hours later they are sprayed with Testors 9200 Decal Bonder. A local class racer was the look I was going for.

2 hours ago, TarheelRick said:

That is one fine looking Mustang.  Had to look at that first picture a few times to determine if it was a model or for real; the background diorama is beautiful.  Excellent work on a mighty fine build.

Ricky, Thank you for the compliments. I have been very pleased with my shop diorama.

What a beautifully presented car in a completely believable setting. It is great to see a modern workshop, nicely laid out, neat and tidy, in contrast to the older crusty types that we often see.  Your colour sense is superb - the scene just reeks of realism!

Cheers

Alan

13 hours ago, MeatMan said:

Beautifully done!

9 hours ago, Venom said:

Very cool... great work!

2 hours ago, Dennis Lacy said:

Tuff looking Mustang! Especially with every inch of the under hood filled with 427 Cammer. 

Thank you for the compliments Dennis N., Josh and Dennis L. 🙂

3 hours ago, alan barton said:

What a beautifully presented car in a completely believable setting. It is great to see a modern workshop, nicely laid out, neat and tidy, in contrast to the older crusty types that we often see.  Your color sense is superb - the scene just reeks of realism!

Cheers

Alan

Alan Thank you for the feedback. I made the diorama for the express purpose of showing/photographing finished builds in a semi-realistic setting.

• 2 weeks later...