AMT 1288 -- Dan Gurney Lotus Racer

AMT 1293 -- '65 Chevy II Nova AWB "Twister" 

AMT 1298 -- Hot Wheels 1996 Ford Mustang GT - SNAP

AMT PP032 -- Classic Emergency Flasher Parts Pack

MPC 937 -- Wacky Races Turbo Terrific - SNAP

MPC 962 -- 1971 Chevy Monte Carlo Super Stocker

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1

The MPC dirt track cars (those with full bodies) all used that through-the-car exhaust setup.  The chassis is set up for multiple wheelbases ala their Seventies NASCAR kits.  I'm pretty certain there were two different rear suspension setups.  Not sure what was in each one, or if the reissues are identical to the originals in that respect.  The Model King reissues lacked the left front "floater" or "pony" tire, and I don't think the Round 2 versions issued so far have it either.

Edited by Mark
Spelling

35 minutes ago, tbusch said:

Was the Copperhead Dragster the one that had a turbine engine in it?

No, that one was the Turbosonic Dragster.  Copperhead shares chassis and engine with the reissued AMT wedge body dragsters, and the Tommy Ivo mid-engine dragsters.

12 minutes ago, Mark said:

No, that one was the Turbosonic Dragster.  Copperhead shares chassis and engine with the reissued AMT wedge body dragsters, and the Tommy Ivo mid-engine dragsters.

Thanks, had all those kits, just could not remember what was what.

The Lotus is in all probability the one AMT first issued in 1963, alongside their Parnelli Jones Watson roadster kit.  The Lotus has been reissued several times over the years, with different decal schemes.  Tires have changed too; originals were solid vinyl with tread detail but blank sidewalls, later issues have two-piece tires with no tread detail but Firestone lettering.

It's interesting they are releasing the Copperhead. I thought they were re-releasing the Tommy Ivo dragster. Is this an attempt to get another kit out of the molds like the Tom McEwen fantasy wedge dragster?  

I guess Round 2 is trying to get a last run out of the Chevy II AWB before the Moebius gets released.

As for the Lotus, I agree the 1963 Lotus. It would have been nice to have the 1968 Olsonite Eagle instead.

Edited by iBorg
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark said:

The Lotus is in all probability the one AMT first issued in 1963, alongside their Parnelli Jones Watson roadster kit.  The Lotus has been reissued several times over the years, with different decal schemes.  Tires have changed too; originals were solid vinyl with tread detail but blank sidewalls, later issues have two-piece tires with no tread detail but Firestone lettering.

2 hours ago, iBorg said:

It's interesting they are releasing the Copperhead. I thought they were re-releasing the Tommy Ivo dragster. Is this an attempt to get another kit out of the molds like the Tom McEwen fantasy wedge dragster?  

I guess Round 2 is trying to get a last run out of the Chevy II AWB before the Moebius gets released.

As for the Lotus, I agree the 1963 Lotus. It would have been nice to have the 1968 Olsonite Eagle instead.

My guess is the Indy Lotus versus the 1963 Lotus Ford (in my multiple kit)

SAM_2029.JPG

SAM_1836.JPG

3 hours ago, Jim B said:

Interested to know what will be in the "Classic Emergency Flasher Parts Pack".  Time will tell.

The newly tooled light bar and flasher bases included with the reissued AMT '70 Impala Fire Chief, I would presume. Cant recall if those parts were included with the 007 reissue of the '70 Ford Police Car, too, or not.

1 hour ago, Casey said:

The newly tooled light bar and flasher bases included with the reissued AMT '70 Impala Fire Chief, I would presume. Cant recall if those parts were included with the 007 reissue of the '70 Ford Police Car, too, or not.

Lindberg back in the day had some different lightbars tooled up for their '91ish Crown Vic and remember ten or so years ago, they did the same for their 1/24th scale Chargers.

But since the aforementioned cruisers are not in the catalog anymore, it will probably be as you wrote, but adding the light bar of the CHP Monaco and maybe if the "Bluesmobile rumor" is true some newly tooled lightbars which fit that kit as well.

7 hours ago, Exotics_Builder said:

My guess is the Indy Lotus versus the 1963 Lotus Ford (in my multiple kit)

SAM_2029.JPG

SAM_1836.JPG

Those are the same kit.  Ertl was boxing AMT kits as MPC, and vice versa.  I believe MPC also did a Lotus kit but it was a simplified one, and was never reissued.

54 minutes ago, ss2000 said:

Is the ‘68 Corvette the AMT annual? I can’t think of a recent one except for Revells.

Kinda doubt it. That backbirth has never been reissued. My best guess would be the old MPC Mako Shark, or whatever's left of it. Calling it a "'68 Custom Corvette" says to me that they didn't bother to backdate the molds to original Mako Shark II standards, which would have been very cool. 

35 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Kinda doubt it. That backbirth has never been reissued. My best guess would be the old MPC Mako Shark, or whatever's left of it. Calling it a "'68 Custom Corvette" says to me that they didn't bother to backdate the molds to original Mako Shark II standards, which would have been very cool. 

That makes sense, I forgot about that one.

All I will say is I would still love to build an `80-81 Z28, or any Camaro or Z/28 from between 1973 and 1981. A `74-`76 Firebird T/A would be nice. An updated IROC-Z with the decal treatment the `77 and `79 Firebirds would be nice as well. 

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

'68 Corvette was reissued, twice!  Once as the AC spark plug promo kit "ACcellerator", and again around 1973 as the John Greenwood GT racer.

6 hours ago, Luc Janssens said:

the light bar of the CHP Monaco 

Thanks, Luc, I forgot about those parts. "Classic" is a bit vague, but they could include any and all recently created police-specific parts to cover multiple decades.

2 hours ago, Mark said:

Those are the same kit.  Ertl was boxing AMT kits as MPC, and vice versa.  I believe MPC also did a Lotus kit but it was a simplified one, and was never reissued.

IMC did a LOTUS Indy car kit that was a little simple. Had big metal axles. I have one built up in a box somewhere!!  It was molded in green. spacer.png

• Like 2