Model Cars Magazine Forum

2022 Round2 Releases

Casey

On 1/15/2022 at 9:57 PM, oldcarfan said:

I so hope the full bumper Camaro does well and encourages AMT to do variations on the tired reissues they've been pumping out. I would love to see a 1977 Firebird Esprit and Rockford base version. I'd love to see the MPC Pinto hatch and wagon backdated to a small bumper version and of course the same for the Vega if it's still around. How about the Caprice backdated to a 1971? The Chevy and Dodge vans would be great as 1971s as well, bonus points if they offered the window van option as well. So many others come to mind.

The MPC 78 pinto wagon was retooled to the 1980 wagon. The MPC 78 Pinto hatchback just vanished. Hopefully they find it. The 78 could be backdated and would work for the 71-76 with just bumper/grille and valance changes. Body/interior and chassis all remain the same.

Wishful thinking at my best. 

On 2/2/2022 at 9:57 AM, RDean58 said:

I don't know if this has been posted or not, but here is a picture of the new custom corvette kit I got from Hobby Search in Japan.

spacer.png

Any idea how much this shares with the “normal” version of the AMT ‘68 Corvette?  It was the first kit I ever built (a birthday gift) and it got me into the hobby.  Always wanted to buy another one but prices are too high!!

The AC version is much like the '68 annual.  But there were a number of revisions for another, later issue: the Greenwood GT from the mid-Seventies.  The hood was altered, wheels changed, molded-in exhaust detail removed, interior altered, and fender flares added to the body.  The Greenwood version body has only three vents per side on the front fenders where the earlier versions had four.  So this issue will differ from the ACcellerator in several ways.

On 2/2/2022 at 1:30 PM, Sledsel said:

The MPC 78 pinto wagon was retooled to the 1980 wagon. The MPC 78 Pinto hatchback just vanished. Hopefully they find it. The 78 could be backdated and would work for the 71-76 with just bumper/grille and valance changes. Body/interior and chassis all remain the same.

Wishful thinking at my best. 

The 78 I believe is MPC and the 76 is AMT and I believe are very different but I would like to have the 78 if it ever returns..

20 minutes ago, slusher said:

The 78 I believe is MPC and the 76 is AMT and I believe are very different but I would like to have the 78 if it ever returns..

MPC 74 Ford Pinto box art | Driver/Collectors | Pinterest | Ford pinto, Ford and Model car

Pin by John Roberts on Model Car Hobby Box Art | Model cars kits, Chevy models, Plastic model cars

MPC 1976 Ford Pinto 3-in-1 Annual Kit #7612 in Box 76 | eBaySEALED 70s MPC #7712 1/25 1977 FORD PINTO Drag/Road Rally/Stock Model Kit! | eBay

k1978fordpinto.jpg      

Other than the Dyno Don car, those are the non-wagon Pintos from MPC.

Yes, they are very different. The Chassis on the MPC kits is nicely detailed.

Edited by Sledsel

A few years ago Round2 did several Ohio George Montgomery, I thought they should have taken their Hot Rod Magazine Mustang funny Car and made different decals for his BB/FC,(at one point it had a blower then a turbo). Then they could have done his turbo pinto, the 75 car looks like it would just need a decal package,(I know it is a 75 and his car was a 74)

Ohio George Pinto (2).jpg

Edited by tbusch

50 minutes ago, tbusch said:

A few years ago Round2 did several Ohio George Montgomery, I thought they should have taken their Hot Rod Magazine Mustang funny Car and made different decals for his BB/FC,(at one point it had a blower then a turbo). Then they could have done his turbo pinto, the 75 car looks like it would just need a decal package,(I know it is a 75 and his car was a 74)

Ohio George Pinto (2).jpg

Cool... never knew about that car

• 2 weeks later...

FINALLY! A new gen Charger kit! I've been hoping that someone would finally kit this car, ever since the newer body restyle in 2011. Better late than never!

That '66 Mustang Fastback should be a good seller. I always thought they did a better job of getting the lines correct on that one than Monogram/Revell. Let's see how many of those end up with '67 Mustang chassis' underneath. 😁

Edited by MrObsessive

7 minutes ago, Smoke Wagon said:

Did not expect to see a modern Charger in plastic. I wonder if it will include the SXT and base R/T front fascia as well.

That actually is the base R/T front fascia. This front fascia is also used on the GT and Scat Pack models.

It's awesome to see a major company finally coming out with a new (model year) subject. I would have liked it to be a Hellcat or widebody version, but this is a start for those who don't want that, and they can release the other versions in the future. It will be interesting to see how detailed the kit actually is, and if they do include any optional parts in the kit.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jordan White said:

That actually is the base R/T front fascia. This front fascia is also used on the GT and Scat Pack models.

You’re right, I just checked, and Dodge did make slight updates to the real thing. This car’s so long in the tooth that I thought R/Ts still came like this:A955FD8F-5F0D-488E-A0A7-83A0C46629C5.jpeg.b0ff30e5d0e46aa7ea5fd37b21c64e8e.jpeg

In sure they’ll do a Hellcat or Hellcat Redeye release within a year or two after the initial kit release.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Casey said:

A 1/25 first gen Mustang fastback is long overdue. Hopefully the chassis and engine are updated, too, but guess we'll have to wait and see.

Since Jamie only mentioned a new body and wheels that makes me think the innards are the 65/66 Hardtop parts.  Wouldn't they have shared the same guts originally prior to the Fastback getting modded off into the 1967 & 1968 kits?

Edited by niteowl7710

6 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

Since Jamie only mentioned a new body and wheels that makes me think the innards are the 65/66 Hardtop parts.  Wouldn't they have shared the same guts originally prior to the Fastback getting modded off into Gasser land?

Don't think they both used the same interior bucket.

1 minute ago, Luc Janssens said:

Don't think they both used the same interior bucket.

Hmm maybe not, I haven't seen the insides of the hardtop kit since I built one for my mom (her dream car) back in the early 90s. So what is the innards, the frumpy 68 Shelby kit everyone loathes?