Model Cars Magazine Forum

2022 Round2 Releases

Casey

On 5/30/2022 at 9:09 PM, 1972coronet said:

Just a phrase of caution for a new member, who knows nothing about the works of the member whom you're slinging capricious allegations at.

New member? Ha. I was here off and on for several years.

I don't need to know anything about your work. It was a simple question even for someone who thinks he's still in High School.

Enough, keep your comments regarding me to yourself.

facepalm.JPG

No lock here. Yet. 

Must every thread devolve into arguments or snide comments? 

Maybe next time, just stop, think a little,  and don't post about other builders or other members. Comment on builds, not the builders.

Some people are just so quick to anger. Calm down, relax a little.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Getting back to the upcoming MPC reissues.

I for one am glad that Round2 is reissuing this vintage of Toyota Supra. I prefer it over the F&F 93 Supra. I do have one in my stash and it looks like it was an attempted build but the paint stripped. I thought this was a good detailed kit and a risk since it wasn’t another Camaro, Mustang or such.

on a side note although I do have a Revell-Monogram 65-67 Corvette I might just pick up the Streaker Vette when it comes out. Depending on the cost.

Cheers

Edited by carnut
  • Like 1

MPC's Supra was a tour-de-force; perhaps one of their most sophisticated kits ever.

I missed it the first time around as a teen, so this time, I'll be sure to snatch up a whole case of 'em.

Check out this "What's In The Box" from Madcap Romanian/Monster Hobbies, that he did in April:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

I too will pick up a Supra. I'm a big fan of this generation. I have a very used kit that I've acquired. May or may not be complete. Would be great to have another. 

I came -this- close to pulling the trigger on the Celica (moulded in red) MPC kit earlier this year. I'm glad that I didn't, for two reasons:
1.) The listing was 'sketchy' (few photos, little in the way of description)
2.) The mentioning of this iteration (the blue Supra) of the kit came down ex cathedra (e.g., Tim Boyd)

1 hour ago, Stef said:

MPC's Supra was a tour-de-force; perhaps one of their most sophisticated kits ever.

I agree completely. This Supra was leaps & bounds above any of their offerings at that time! IMO, it ranks darned close to Tamiya or Hasegawa -- the too dark 'glass' and the BFG's its only weak points.

2 minutes ago, stavanzer said:

Let Us Hope that the awful BFGs are replaced by something else.

Too Bad American Satco is gone. They would have the perfect tires for this kit.

Yeah it’s too bad they are gone, they sold a lot of nice tires from what I have seen. I’ve gotten a few over the years as well as a few actual Aoshima sets, but I could always use more of the off road tires!

1 hour ago, Smoke Wagon said:

I wonder if the Supra will have two releases, one molded in white and the other in metallic blue. Just like what was done with the Deserter (black and white) and Rescue Van (red and white). 

Cool Idea! I hope it happens.

5 hours ago, Daddyfink said:

Nice to see the Supra coming back, I sold off the one I had thinking I could just get another one not realizing how rare they suddenly got! 

Time to start ordering some Fujimi wheel sets 

The XS wheelsets would be great for this kit too, only problem tho, where did the tooling go?

s-l500.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/28/2022 at 9:16 PM, Larry Rose said:

Are you one of those who thinks the 65 Nova is so far off that it looks butchered? Lots of guys just love to complain though they've probably built tons of crappy models in the past.  I usually work with what I get after checking out the accuracy of the kit. The '65 is a GREAT kit.

Yes, I am. And yes, it is. The '65 Nova is far, far from a great kit. 

• Like 4

Glad to see the lightbars finally coming out and I can see a few ideas for the Escalade.

20220603_143955.png.5e8501392b93eff0995f14d23ad50f48.png

20220603_143931.png.39dfbfd9f223cb73a2b73188ffb124ff.png

Adding a roof to the back, I'd like to see someone convert one into a TRUE Escalade ESV.

Might have to be me.

Oh and so no one cries, here is the consumer warning that should be on the  Corvette box!

THE 62 CORVETTE IS ORIGINALLY FROM 1962 AND DOES NOT HAVE FULLY DETAILED WIPER MOTOR OR TURN SIGNALS!

rolling-eyes.gif.b91ae1b8df9d86b11edd1eafc0a16ee8.gif

Edited by Oldcarfan27

37 minutes ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Adding a roof to the back, I'd like to see someone convert one into a TRUE Escalade ESV.

Might have to be me.

I wonder how combatable it would be with the Revell Escalade kit from a couple of years ago? Might be a fairly easy conversion for someone. Even converting the standard Escalade kit into a full detail kit.