Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mack Vision

Hi, Trawling through some old photo`s i came across this distant build from some time back, I built it from plastic card, perspex, plywood & balsa wood, Ali tube,  with suspension & wheels from italeri also other parts from the spares. Finished in a pearl green & gold from rattle cans, The trailer is a great dane covered in chrome vinyl. The seats are made to rotate.

Thanks for looking. 

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

Edited by The Brush

Now, this is an excellent build... I love this truck... I've been trying to figure out a way to fab up one of these, myself.... I even thought about using wood, as well... I, also have another stalled project that I though about using wood for... I think I will, after seeing this one.... It doesn't seem as crazy an idea, now... Thanks, Man... VERY nice build... Too cool....

• 2 months later...
On 12/29/2021 at 3:34 PM, Rockford said:

That looks great! Shame there wasn't a WIP on it, we could have learned so much from you. 

Any details on the chrome vinyl? 

Hi, Thanks for the interest in the Mack, The chrome vinyl i used was a 3m product in sheet form cut larger than needed & applied with a soft cloth working across the ribs front to back. Chrome vinyl sheet is nowadays available from craftshops like hobbycraft also lots of other colours.

Happy new year Graham.

Edited by The Brush