Model Cars Magazine Forum

*Pics From Arby's Car show*

Really great looking cars at that event and your pick-up looks great Bob. That 'Vette in the pic with your truck is a stunner too.  

If I had to pick one car to take home it would be a hard choice. Heck, if I had to pick 5 it would be tough.

Thanks for the pics my Friend!!

28 minutes ago, TransAmMike said:

Really great looking cars at that event and your pick-up looks great Bob. That 'Vette in the pic with your truck is a stunner too.  

If I had to pick one car to take home it would be a hard choice. Heck, if I had to pick 5 it would be tough.

Thanks for the pics my Friend!!

You bet.  That Vette setting next to my 49 is my friends 81.  It has a pretty healthy 350 in the business end.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, misterNNL said:

Thanks for posting these. I personally am drawn to the stock bodied model T Fords as so few are seen  that aren't cut up.

You are welcome.  This 1922 Model T that was at the show was about as good as I've seen.

20211003_160455.jpg.ff54232eebb18c0cb328e1bcf327686e.jpg

I recently read an article about the paint used on the mode! T Fords. A fellow bought an old garage that had been a Ford garage at some point in it's past. Among the stuff they found was some new old stock cans of OEM Ford paint in their original containers. The color marked on those can were indicated as being blue,green and brown. They decided to open the cans and following the instructions on the cans they painted some parts as a test. When the paint dried guess what happened.... All parts dried BLACK. A!most funny in a way. From what I have read Mr.Ford actually preferred using black because it dried the quickest thus shortening factory build time. No proof of that of course so possibly only a urban myth.

23 hours ago, misterNNL said:

I recently read an article about the paint used on the mode! T Fords. A fellow bought an old garage that had been a Ford garage at some point in it's past. Among the stuff they found was some new old stock cans of OEM Ford paint in their original containers. The color marked on those can were indicated as being blue,green and brown. They decided to open the cans and following the instructions on the cans they painted some parts as a test. When the paint dried guess what happened.... All parts dried BLACK. A!most funny in a way. From what I have read Mr.Ford actually preferred using black because it dried the quickest thus shortening factory build time. No proof of that of course so possibly only a urban myth.

Good information.  Thanks for sharing.