Model Cars Magazine Forum

1926 Mack Bulldog Log Hauler #2401 - kit question

Question for anyone who has this kit.  I recently purchased an open box kit with sealed (almost) bags.  Can someone tell me about the tiedown chain that comes with the kit?  I don't see the chain in mine and there is a small approx 1"  hole in one of the bags like the chain may have been taken out.  The instructions describe cutting the chain with scissors, so I'm thinking it must be plastic?  Is the chain loose in the bag?  My main concern is knowing whether it was on a parts tree with anything else that may now be missing from the kit, although it would have to be a small tree to get out through that hole.  I'm not concerned about coming up with some scale chain.  There is no parts list in the instructions so it's hard to know if anything else could be missing.  Thank you.

The chain is metal and just put loose in the bag.  Personally, I've never used the Monogram chain.  If you have a Hobby Lobby or Michael's nearby, the both have a selection of chains used in jewelry making.  I've probably got three or four different sizes that I use on my truck models.

A.J.

you can also find chain in the craft department at Walmart...comes in different size, black in color...i been using it for years on my construction, heavy haul and oil field trucks...looks like real chain not like jewelry chain ...pictures below is some that i put hooks on and weathered ...

DSC04209 (2).JPG

14 hours ago, maxwell48098 said:

The chain is metal and just put loose in the bag.  Personally, I've never used the Monogram chain.  If you have a Hobby Lobby or Michael's nearby, the both have a selection of chains used in jewelry making.  I've probably got three or four different sizes that I use on my truck models.  Thanks for the tips on where to find chain, too.  I'll check those out.

A.J.

3 hours ago, yh70 said:

you can also find chain in the craft department at Walmart...comes in different size, black in color...i been using it for years on my construction, heavy haul and oil field trucks...looks like real chain not like jewelry chain ...pictures below is some that i put hooks on and weathered ...

Thanks guys.  That puts my mind at ease regarding the completeness of my kit.  I think someone grabbed the chain out of the kit but I'm pretty sure it is otherwise complete.

Dave - are those photo-etch hooks?  They look really good.