Model Cars Magazine Forum

2022 Round2 Releases

Casey

It would require both great confidence, and a 'puckish' sense of humor, but a Rat Fink Branded Garbage Truck has a certain air of inevitability to it.

I'd do it, but I'm not sure what the Roth Estate and Round2 would think of it. (maybe only run 200 or so, and sell them only on the website, not in stores)

• 1 month later...
55 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

Since the listing said 1/24th, I'd assume it is the more modern Italeri kit than the AMT kit.

Yes. Round2 has reissued Italeri 1/24 trucks under the AMT brand a few times now, the Freightliner FLC, (Mack) Superliner, and Ford LTL9000. 

55 minutes ago, Smoke Wagon said:

Yes. Round2 has reissued Italeri 1/24 trucks under the AMT brand a few times now, the Freightliner FLC, (Mack) Superliner, and Ford LTL9000. 

IMHO it's the best way to test the waters concerning possible investment in modern rigs, without spending a whole lot of money, Ha!

Also I hope that Italeri will become some sort of preferred partner and starts distribution of Round-2 products in Europe and cut cost by sourcing them directly from the manufacturer.

Edited by Luc Janssens

8 hours ago, Luc Janssens said:

IMHO it's the best way to test the waters concerning possible investment in modern rigs, without spending a whole lot of money, Ha!

Right, as Italeri already paid the bill for tooling and development, all Round2 really has to come up with is new box art and decals. 

20 hours ago, Luc Janssens said:

Also I hope that Italeri will become some sort of preferred partner and starts distribution of Round-2 products in Europe and cut cost by sourcing them directly from the manufacturer.

The last two (or was it three) Italeri/AMT kits were quite expensive, like $90.  Maybe they'll be less expensive in Europe, but I doubt it.

Yeah, the prices have been up there for the Round 2 branded Italeri trucks so far, so I imagine this one won’t be much different. Granted, they are around $90 list price when they were Italeri releases originally, and the quality and parts count is high. 

Still, glad to see it released again, though it has only been a few years since it was out as the Australian Truck, and only 5-6 years since it was reissued last as the North American version. But, this is one that I don’t have, so this may be on my list.

I hope that Round 2 continues to reissue the Italeri trucks, if Italeri isn’t doing it themselves. The Western Star Constellation would be a good choice, is been a long time since that one was out. We could use the Aeromax 106 and 120 kits as well. The Peterbilt 377 is also commanding high prices in the aftermarket, so that one would be in demand.  Better yet, the Volvo VN 780, or better still, the VN 670.

Here in PEI,canada where i live,the  Ford LTL 9000 is 109.00 plus 15% tax. I could afford to buy it if i really wanted it,but im sure some kids arent able to buy one,when i was 13-14 kits were 4.99 at the local Kmart,the ertl kits were 3.45 at the local IH dealer.It has been a Adults hobby for a while now,hard for kids to get into it like it was.Sad nut true. harvey