Model Cars Magazine Forum

2022 Round2 Releases

Casey

11 hours ago, vincen47 said:

Yeah, the prices have been up there for the Round 2 branded Italeri trucks so far, so I imagine this one won’t be much different. Granted, they are around $90 list price when they were Italeri releases originally, and the quality and parts count is high. 

Still, glad to see it released again, though it has only been a few years since it was out as the Australian Truck, and only 5-6 years since it was reissued last as the North American version. But, this is one that I don’t have, so this may be on my list.

I hope that Round 2 continues to reissue the Italeri trucks, if Italeri isn’t doing it themselves. The Western Star Constellation would be a good choice, is been a long time since that one was out. We could use the Aeromax 106 and 120 kits as well. The Peterbilt 377 is also commanding high prices in the aftermarket, so that one would be in demand.  Better yet, the Volvo VN 780, or better still, the VN 670.

My suggestion to you and anyone else who might want one would be go track one down on eBay, or your LHS.  There are several on the 'Bay right now for $75-80 w/free shipping, the MSRP on this is going to be $125.95 - sooooo the only way you're getting an AMT boxed Italeri Western Star for $75 is if someone is selling you one for 50% off.  Likewise, I wouldn't exactly expect this one to be carried in stock by a lot of places, even at wholesale + costs that's a lot of $$$ to tie up in inventory you probably can't move at nearly $100 @. 

On 11/11/2021 at 6:15 AM, Smoke Wagon said:

That’s just part of the fun. Especially when say, the oil filter looks the same as the starter in the instructions. 😁

It's even worse when the same is true for the parts themselves, on some of the Ford kits it's like they used the same mold for the starter, oil filter and it's old enough the generator too.

On 1/12/2022 at 12:06 PM, Casey said:

AMT 1286 -- Kenworth 925 Tractor Coca-Cola

I would actually rather see a truck that Coca Cola actually used such as The International S-Series trucks. Seen those everywhere in the 1980's and 90's

Coke S series.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

Sodas this mean an accompanying trailer with crates of cool, refreshing Coca~Cola is gonna to be made, too ?

That’d be nice, but they already repopped the Freuhauf dry van with Coke decals a while ago in 2018:9B70EDAF-C821-44F5-8A94-5DF3B776B32A.jpeg.112db161b8afc9f64b8429fdc137d905.jpeg

And repopped it again with the Santa decals in 2020:

486415FD-8E94-4F8E-8DFF-6449E434D09A.jpeg.bb97ced98569c21f6a75e7f310716b6e.jpeg

Might be best to let that idea fizzle. A parts pack with Coke crates, pallets, decals, and a small forklift would be nice though. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We all get the Coke thing to get things done, but, these monochromatic  box art paint schemes get a little tiring, IMO, it was the custom paint schemes that were the main allure that got your attention to these kits back in the day.

amt1286.jpg.e183f277b9c14f1c6206aad784d9966e.jpg

Edited by leafsprings

22 hours ago, Smoke Wagon said:

Might be best to let that idea fizzle. A parts pack with Coke crates, pallets, decals, and a small forklift would be nice though. 

A 1/25th '70s vintage forklift would be really neat to have to go w/ the various AMT trailers.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2021 at 9:00 AM, alexis said:

It would require both great confidence, and a 'puckish' sense of humor, but a Rat Fink Branded Garbage Truck has a certain air of inevitability to it.

I'd do it, but I'm not sure what the Roth Estate and Round2 would think of it. (maybe only run 200 or so, and sell them only on the website, not in stores)

Honestly, it wouldn't be any less weird than releasing the Transtar 4070A with Rat Fink graphics. Still can't quite wrap my head around the logic of that choice. I can think of three or four dozen other subjects in the Round 2 catalog that would be more fitting for the Rat Fink graphics than a 70's road tractor. 🤣 But hey, whatever. I hope they sell a ton of 'em. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

A 1/25th '70s vintage forklift would be really neat to have to go w/ the various AMT trailers.

They could go a few routes, probably depending on who they can make a licensing agreement with; Toyota, Hyster, Clark, Yale, and Allis-Chalmers are the ones I can think of that we’re making forklifts in the 70’s. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Metallic said:

I don't think they can. Someone will surely correct me, but something to do with the tooling being altered into a monster truck i seem to recall

That would be a huge bummer. Those kits are getting so expensive.