Model Cars Magazine Forum

Forum newbie, and a few of my latest builds

Mach2

Hello Folks. Just joined this Forum. Here are a few of my latest builds.

2008 Nationwide #59 Marcos Ambrose STP Winner. I used a 2005 #17 Taurus kit and modified the nose, rear quarter windows and rear bumper.

finisheda.jpg

finishedb.jpg

finishedh.jpg

finishedk.jpg

grillinbeanssmoke.jpg

2007 Nationwide #60 Carl Edwards Dish HomeZone Gateway scheme. Use a 2005 #17 Taurus kit with mods.

finisheda.jpg

finishedc.jpg

finishede.jpg

finishedh.jpg

finishedf.jpg

Edited by Mach2

Thanks. Here's a few more.

2008 Nationwide #88 Brad Keselowski Navy Blue Angels Richmond scheme.

finishedA.jpg

Close up details of the TV panel camera I made.

details2.jpg

Dash electronics wiring details and roof camera details.

details1.jpg

finishedD.jpg

finishedJ.jpg

2006 Cup #14 Ginn Clubs & Resorts Sterling Marlin.

finishedB.jpg

finishedD.jpg

finishedF.jpg

finishedC.jpg

Thanks for the very nice welcome Folks.

This is some really cool stuff. Love the Marcos Ambrose car. How about doing the Holiday Inn Nationwide car ? :lol:

I have recently reduced my kits, and the decals assigned to those kits, from 53 kits and 55 decal sheets. I'm down to 22 kits and a decal sheet assigned to each one. The only Kevin Harvick scheme I plan on building at this time, but that could change.....it always does huh, is the 2003 #29 Monte Carlo Snap-On "Winston" scheme.

The #59 STP Ambrose build was a most enjoyable build. My first attempt at making a Fusion from a 05 Taurus. Had to fill the fuel filler on the LH side and move it to the RH side. Sanded the nose of the taurus, sanded and filled the grill, raised the bottom horizontal part of the rear quarter windows and reshaped them. A little bit of modifying but thats what make it fun. If it was easy all the time it would quickly become boring.

Edited by Mach2

very nice! any pics of the engine bays and chassis on these you could share?

Dave

Ah Ha Dave, you've discovered my secret. I build shelfers and tie them down to single display cases with wire ties. I enjoy detailing the body exterior, wheels and tires and the interior. I glue the hood down and there's no engine in there. I also do not detail the chassis. This allows a quick build and time to devote to the detail areas I like to do.