Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mini Muscle

19 hours ago, Vince Nemanic said:

The military guys put on  coat of gloss clear, apply the decals and then put on a coat of flat clear.  This prevents decal silvering. 

I'll give that a try, thanks. Meanwhile, first time trying to do some weathering on the engine...............

_IGP0055.jpg

4 hours ago, 1930fordpickup said:

Keep posting pictures please. I just found this. 

What do you thin your craft paint before you spray it on? 

I'm working on the interior now, I'll post some pics of it soon. I thin with windshield wiper fluid, usually 50/50 but will vary some with different paints. 

Interior.........photos not very good..........I had some antique copper craft paint and decided to experiment with it on the seats, just for ***** and grins. I think I will be using it on a 29 roadster I plan to start on soon. 

Mini Muscle 1.jpg

Mini Muscle 2.jpg

Mini Muscle 3.jpg

Edited by bluestringer

7 hours ago, Zippi said:

Coming along nicely.  The orange on the seats looks pretty kewl.  That's a lot of pony's on the business end of that Grimlin ☺

Thanks. I brushed on a coat of floor polish, let it dry then added the decals, then brushed on another coat of floor polish. Maybe the decals will not sliver. Test fitted body to frame/interior and something is keeping it from going all the way down, maybe the tach. I'll have to take a closer look when I have more time.

_IGP0060.jpg

_IGP0062.jpg