Model Cars Magazine Forum

Paint booth

Hello everyone,  I'm just wondering if anyone has ever used one of the portable spray booths that are available.  I'm moving to a different apartment and I'm thinking about getting one that you can vent outside.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Plenty of people use them including ones you see often in the painting how to videos at youtube. Often you can notice in those videos that the painter has one of those booths in use, including the now aging but still almost infamous Dr. Cranky videos.

Edited by Dave G.

7 hours ago, yh70 said:

i got one from Ebay years back..never had any problem with it. just keep it wiped down and the filter clean. depending on how much u pant will be how often u will have to change the filter . ......https://www.ebay.com/itm/353623267773?hash=item525596d9bd:g:bHgAAOSw2w1gdCVt

SAM_3047.JPG

I got mine like yours a few months back.... I still haven't broke it in yet...:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, deuces wild said:

I got mine like yours a few months back.... I still haven't broke it in yet...:rolleyes:

you will like it..i seen on Ebay the price went down and now comes with a LED light..i may get another one and hook them together..thats the good part about this booth they latch together as many as u wish.

• Like 1

The one with LED lights is good and does the job very well, the only problem ive had with mine is the plastic they are made is not hot solvent resistant. I use general purpose thinner to clean the airbrush after use, any spillage will melt the plastic. So I lined the bottom with 0.9mm glav sheet which protects the plastic, makes clean up easier and the LED's reflect of it and make the space even brighter 

Also duct taped around the filter shroud creating a better seal improving efficiency.

tN7CLAR.jpg

Edited by Cool Hand

I had one of the cheap ones that fold.  There okay for light work if all you're gonna spray is water based paint.  I built one of these, but it's more expensive route.  https://vent-works.com/blogs/the-ventilation-blog/15945741-diy-hobby-spray-booth  barely can hear it running compared to the cheap ones that use loud PC fans.  Just the exhaust fan will cost more than any cheap foldable paint booth lol.

Edited by Dpate