Model Cars Magazine Forum

4300 Glider kit

I've had this idea to build a "fresh from the factory" glider kit for years. Decided to finally try it. I like how it came out! Box stock except for the front rims coming from a Revell snap kit, and scratchbuilt the seat mounts. Also Mounted the exhaust stacks to the frame during transport. Enjoy!

20211002_015634.jpg

20211002_015653.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mopar - D said:

Great build! Now you need a truck to deliver it to the owner. 

It'll be in the works eventually! I plan to build a few more glider rigs, and transport rigs as well👍

1 minute ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Pardon my ignorance, but what's a Glider? Is it a truck with no drivetrain? If so, how do they move it around the yard without it's own wheels?

Seems like a big hassle that way.

Yep that's pretty much what A glider is. A truck with no engine. But, a glider can come with rear axles and wheels too sometimes. If you want to move a truck without it's rear axles/tires, best bet would probably be a forklift or a heavy duty dolly.

43 minutes ago, TruckerAL said:

Yep that's pretty much what A glider is. A truck with no engine. But, a glider can come with rear axles and wheels too sometimes. If you want to move a truck without it's rear axles/tires, best bet would probably be a forklift or a heavy duty dolly.

Oh, then I guess I have a few "Gliders" in my junkbox. Many with no engines or axles, sounds about right! 🙊

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Oh, then I guess I have a few "Gliders" in my junkbox. Many with no engines or axles, sounds about right! 🙊

Don't we all! Except this time aroumd I actually built one instead of keeping it "displayed" in the box lol