Model Cars Magazine Forum

International Transtar 4200 Box Art Truck

gotnitro,  I taught Lee about the Micro Balloons trick several years ago, probably in the late 80’s when I was building my KW 900L conversion kit master.  Although, I showed him how to use baking soda as a substitute instead since it’s much more cheaper.  Mixed with superglue there is no shrinking and it’s a quick gap filler.  The RC teams have used this solution for decades on fast repair in the field or during races. 

Bill Drennen

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kwt950 said:

gotnitro,  I taught Lee about the Micro Balloons trick several years ago, probably in the late 80’s when I was building my KW 900L conversion kit master.  Although, I showed him how to use baking soda as a substitute instead since it’s much more cheaper.  Mixed with superglue there is no shrinking and it’s a quick gap filler.  The RC teams have used this solution for decades on fast repair in the field or during races. 

Bill Drennen

Yes Big Brother you’ve Taught me so many Modeling tricks over the years I could fill this Thread up with them. Thanks for sharing your Knowledge with me over the Decades. 

Edited by Pete68

9 minutes ago, Mopar - D said:

Lee it’s nice knowing that you have your brother there for support and help when needed. My older brother gives me new ideas on my builds to. 

Dan yes it is nice he’s helped me for years and I trust his knowledge and methods he’s been a Master Builder before I was born over 50 years ago. 

Edited by Pete68
  • Like 1

I’m so proud to watch Lee grow his modeling skills.  The street goes both ways, he’s showed me things that helped me also.  The only one I’ve not mastered is his painting skills, he can flow paint on like spreading butter on bread.  For those reading this, you may be looking at his model and you may think he spray painted, but in reality he brushed painted the part with no brush strokes.  Our dad was amazed at his painting skills always.  

Bill

• Like 1