Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cragar question...

Is there a readily-available kit that has chrome Cragar S/S wheels in 60's drag style? I'm looking for slicks(preferably not pie crusts) & skinnies with the rear Cragars having a deeper offset than the fronts. I know this sounds picky, but it's for a particular project. I know there are a lot of kits that have same-offset rims, or pie crust slicks rather than smoother Racemasters, etc., so this may be a challenge. I'm trying to avoid piecing everything from different kits. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Edited by Mike77

I can't think of a kit that has both skinny and deep Cragars. 

Deep Cragars can be found in (among others) the AMT '72 Nova and '65 El Camino. 

Skinny Cragars are in the stock version of the AMT '66 Nova. 

If you're careful, deep Cragars can be sectioned to create narrow ones. 

• Like 1

Hi Mike,

Check my photos of the Vending Machine show rod here.  These are truly beautiful Cragars, shallow and deep, with near perfect Cragar S/S hubcaps.  You will still need slicks but I don't think you will find better Cragars anywhere and this was a recent re-issue from Round 2.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Alan

13 minutes ago, alan barton said:

Hi Mike,

Check my photos of the Vending Machine show rod here.  These are truly beautiful Cragars, shallow and deep, with near perfect Cragar S/S hubcaps.  You will still need slicks but I don't think you will find better Cragars anywhere and this was a recent re-issue from Round 2.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Alan

The back ones are nice but the fronts don't look like Cragar S/S to me. Those rounded spokes look more like a torque thrust style wheel. 

That said, combine the rears from that kit with a narrower pair from something else for the front and you'd have something.

On 10/20/2021 at 7:29 AM, deuces wild said:

Those are American Torq-Thrust mags... Those are the best!...

Just an opinion...😎

12 hours ago, Tabbysdaddy said:

Mine? They say Cragar on them.

20211021_212610.jpg

Cragar made a lot of other wheels designs besides the S/S. 

By the shape of the spokes, and if they are Cragar as it does say on the center cops, I'd say they look more like "Swingers" than "Super Sports".

004-49

Not to drag this thread out too long, but what about the wheels from the Moebius Dyno Don Comet Cyclone? In looking at the box art it looks like the offsets are different but when I look at videos it's really hard to tell. I can replace the pie crust slicks with regular ones so it all depend on the wheels. If anyone has info and/or pics I'd appreciate it!