Model Cars Magazine Forum

dose any body make 1 24 and 1 25 ovole tail lights

WesleyOlin

48 minutes ago, WesleyOlin said:

the oval tailights im looking for are replacas of the old 80s 90s round oval taillights to put in a 1 24 custom 77 gmc

Like these?:

MVC-052S.JPG.c85247179cf00d88e91c696eefdef5d2.JPG

zr1.jpg.134254044cd7b5a86fb70bf441ee0867.jpg

1994-chevrolet-ck1500-phantom-dually-9.jpg.d5f91446f12aa7866a0485d536a20157.jpg

11 hours ago, WesleyOlin said:

yes like those where can i find them in 1 24

I am almost certain such a rolled rear pan was included with at least one '90s era pickup, most likely an AMT kit, but I'm not sure which one. Maybe someone else here remembers. It would be 1/25 scale, and you'd need to make some modifications to make it fit the 1/24 bed, but it should get you most of the way there.

1 hour ago, Casey said:

I am almost certain such a rolled rear pan was included with at least one '90s era pickup, most likely an AMT kit, but I'm not sure which one. Maybe someone else here remembers. It would be 1/25 scale, and you'd need to make some modifications to make it fit the 1/24 bed, but it should get you most of the way there.

The custom version of the AMT '50 Chevy pickup has those, F you can find one for a decent price.

img534

Might be easier to just get an od Corvette ZR-1 kit and use those. You can usually pick them up pretty cheap.

Photo: 1990 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Box 3 | AMT '90 Corvette ZR1 #6277 album  | DRASTIC PLASTICS MODEL CAR CLUB | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made  easy.

You might also consider the Stingray lll kits. AMT and Revell both made them and I'm pretty sure all the kits had separate clear red lenses. And you can usually get these dirt cheap.  There's a couple on e-bay right now for 11 and 12 bucks.

1992 Stingray III

Edited by Can-Con