Model Cars Magazine Forum

No Prep Kings Season Four

Started last night; second episode will be tonight. We finally got to see the new cars of Ryan Martin, Jeff Lutz, Doc, Birdman, and a couple others. Looks like a VERY competitive year. Right now it looks like Ryan Martin and Kye Kelly will be the ones to beat but Lutz is looking stronger than he has since he started on the show. 

I was not surprised to see Chuck fighting less than 10 minutes into the show but Jerry Bird was a big disappointment ... 

Ryan Martin, Kye Kelly,  Lutz and the Swanstrom kid were all very fast. I noticed  Ryan won 25k last night but it used to be 40k payout. I wonder why they lowered the purse?

59 minutes ago, Scott8950 said:

I was not surprised to see Chuck fighting less than 10 minutes into the show but Jerry Bird was a big disappointment ... 

Ryan Martin, Kye Kelly,  Lutz and the Swanstrom kid were all very fast. I noticed  Ryan won 25k last night but it used to be 40k payout. I wonder why they lowered the purse?

I'm not and have never been a fan of Jerry Bird. 

Last night's race was a "preliminary event." No points were awarded toward the NPK championship, but all first-round winners automatically qualified for the official first race (shown tonight) in Jupiter, Florida. I think the rest of the winning purses will be 40K. We'll know tonight. 

2 hours ago, Snake45 said:

That was at least the third time I've seen Jerry Bird crash, always while crossing the other lane. He needs to get out of the game, or get rid of that POS Probe, before he kills somebody. :angry:

I think the only person I've seen crash more than Jerry is Precious Cooper. I agree I think the Bird brothers need a new car. This looks to possibly be the best season yet I saw several contenders.

Am now watching Team Attack episode 2. Bird crossed the centerline in that Probe again, but at least didn't crash this time. 

I'm still sorting out all the new faces/cars. By the "orange Corvette" did you mean that loudmouth who kept talking about cutting off 405 heads and hanging them on his wall as trophies? I've taken an instant dislike to that guy, and will now be rooting for him to lose. 

Very unusual to see Murder Nova in a very high gloss black. Can it still be called "Murder" if it's not flat black? :unsure:

22 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

By the "orange Corvette" did you mean that loudmouth who kept talking about cutting off 405 heads and hanging them on his wall as trophies? 

Very unusual to see Murder Nova in a very high gloss black. Can it still be called "Murder" if it's not flat black? :unsure:

Yes that's him, very loudmouth but that corvette is fast. 

I think the Murder nova looks much better with the gloss black.

Still watching TA #2. Just saw something I've never seen before, anywhere: Boddie won a race! :blink: 'Course, he only won because Disco Dean redlighted against him (looks like DD would have beaten him handily).  And he broke his transmission doing so. 

So he hunted down another transmission and got it installed in time, and then started feeling good about everything including his chances of beating Ryan Martin, if you can believe it. (Please!) And THAT went about like any sane person would have expected. :lol:

That Swanstrom kid (and his dad) have now talked their way onto my Dislike List. :angry:

Watched some of it last night. I tend to watch alot of street outlaws in general because I've been layed up for 3 months recovering from bypass surgery. From what I seen the other night and previous I pick that Ryan Martin is going to be very hard to beat this year. He's very fast and seems more consistent than the other guys so that's my bet ! 

3 hours ago, Ctmodeler said:

Watched some of it last night. I tend to watch alot of street outlaws in general because I've been layed up for 3 months recovering from bypass surgery. From what I seen the other night and previous I pick that Ryan Martin is going to be very hard to beat this year. He's very fast and seems more consistent than the other guys so that's my bet ! 

Ryan has always been fast and consistent  but I saw a few others that looked like they would also be tough this season .

On 10/18/2021 at 10:18 PM, Scott8950 said:

Well now I'm with you, I definitely don't like them. 

I like them even less, now. And that Erik K is on my hate list, too. 

And I lost a LOT of respect for Robin Roberts last night, talking Brandon James into giving up a legit win. He beat you at the tree, dude! Take it like a man.:angry: From now on the only time I'll be pulling for RR is if he's running someone I dislike even more. 

Lizzy Musi's new car seems to be a killer! Good for her. 

6 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

And I lost a LOT of respect for Robin Roberts last night, talking Brandon James into giving up a legit win. He beat you at the tree, dude! Take it like a man.:angry: From now on the only time I'll be pulling for RR is if he's running someone I dislike even more. 

Lizzy Musi's new car seems to be a killer! Good for her. 

I can't understand why these guys are crying about guessing the light that's been happening for decades.  It's a  50/50 gamble but it's definitely not cheating.  I definitely am no fan of Robin roberts and disappointed Brandon james gave it to him.

Lizzy's new car seem to be better set up for no prep it's definitely a contender.

The Oklahoma guys are not running the show anymore like they once was, heck very few are even qualifying for the show. Ryan Martin is absolutely carrying the 405 crew without a doubt. I guess big chief just isn't fast enough to run the no prep circuit because you'd think he'd be helping the 405 out.

2 hours ago, Scott8950 said:

The Oklahoma guys are not running the show anymore like they once was, heck very few are even qualifying for the show. Ryan Martin is absolutely carrying the 405 crew without a doubt. I guess big chief just isn't fast enough to run the no prep circuit because you'd think he'd be helping the 405 out.

Chief actually won one whole NPK event in Season 3. 

It looks from the previews like Chuck pulls off a big win of some kind next week. (Looks like there's gonna be some more fighting, too.) 

Dominator and Doc and Monza are pretty much wasting their time. Sorry to say, so is Kamikaze. Lutz isn't doing as well as he was at the beginning of the season. Murder Nova is running surprisingly well. 

That Monza lookalike on Disco Dean's team won Team Attack 4 last night. Amazingly, Dean's List now how two TA victories--as many as 405 and NOLA combined! :blink:

4 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Chief actually won one whole NPK event in Season 3. 

It looks from the previews like Chuck pulls off a big win of some kind next week. (Looks like there's gonna be some more fighting, too.) 

Dominator and Doc and Monza are pretty much wasting their time. Sorry to say, so is Kamikaze. Lutz isn't doing as well as he was at the beginning of the season. Murder Nova is running surprisingly well. 

That Monza lookalike on Disco Dean's team won Team Attack 4 last night. Amazingly, Dean's List now how two TA victories--as many as 405 and NOLA combined! :blink:

The competition has gotten alot better in the past couple years. Not really a huge disco Dean fan but that chevelle has been on a roll lately,  he's pulled off some big wins.

Very satisfying watching the bully Robin Roberts grenade his tranny in the first two minutes last night. (Does that make me a bad person? :unsure: )  Karma is real! 

I've never liked Chuck, but I've never pulled for him harder than I did in his first race last night. It was amazing how he planned it all down to the last detail, and everything happened exactly as he planned. And the Swansong kid still didn't learn his lesson. (Still shooting his arrogant mouth off.) :angry:

Also good to see Erik K blow up and be unable to make the final against Ryan Martin. More karma? 

I'm liking Bobby Ducote better all the time. He always talks like his car's on its last legs, but he seems to send it downrange just about every time. Also finding it just about impossible not to like Scott Taylor.  Seems like an all-around good guy.

Lizzy Musi's car is on a mission, but it looks like she has a bad crash next week. (Didn't like the talk of "a devastating loss to the NOLA team.") I hope she's okay, at least. 

Its good to see Brandon from cali return.  I think he's a pretty nice kid and his honesty is pretty awesome to see. Theres not many guys in the show that seem to keep their word so he's a breath of fresh air for the show. I think it helps that the other guys all seem to like him too, as he's probably the only racer that no-one puts down.

As for the bird probe, in one episode jerry is heard saying it always pulls to the left when he puts the locker on so if he's using it in the right lane thats him knowing he's going to cross into the other lane which to me is just a nasty thing to do to the other racer. I feel like he's going to cause a big crash yet cos some have been close and if he takes out the other racer he should be disqualified.

9 hours ago, Snake45 said:

I've never liked Chuck, but I've never pulled for him harder than I did in his first race last night. It was amazing how he planned it all down to the last detail, and everything happened exactly as he planned. And the Swansong kid still didn't learn his lesson. (Still shooting his arrogant mouth off.) :angry:

That's experience,  Chuck knows all the little tricks and how to play the game! I was happy to see  Chuck take him out early!

I have actually met Scott Taylor and Bobby Ducote both are very nice guys.

9 hours ago, stitchdup said:

As for the bird probe, in one episode jerry is heard saying it always pulls to the left when he puts the locker on so if he's using it in the right lane thats him knowing he's going to cross into the other lane which to me is just a nasty thing to do to the other racer. I feel like he's going to cause a big crash yet cos some have been close and if he takes out the other racer he should be disqualified.

The Bird brother's have been battling that probe for years, it's been rebuilt several times.

• 4 weeks later...

Been fun watching the bad guys get beat the last couple weeks, and a couple of real good guys win. 

Something occurred to me after watching both last night's races: If you're going to call yourself "Dominator," you really should win a race or two every now and then. Maybe Joe needs to change his name to "Participant." :unsure:

Couldn't have been happier to see Jeff Lutz win the Team Attack, and loudmouth Swansong lose. Apparently Swansong hasn't yet learned his lesson about running his mouth and risking irritating the Irony Gods. 

If I'm interpreting the previews correctly, something VERY interesting and exciting will happen in next week's Team Attack. :blink:

On 11/23/2021 at 1:49 PM, Snake45 said:

Been fun watching the bad guys get beat the last couple weeks, and a couple of real good guys win. 

Something occurred to me after watching both last night's races: If you're going to call yourself "Dominator," you really should win a race or two every now and then. Maybe Joe needs to change his name to "Participant." :unsure:

Couldn't have been happier to see Jeff Lutz win the Team Attack, and loudmouth Swansong lose. Apparently Swansong hasn't yet learned his lesson about running his mouth and risking irritating the Irony Gods. 

If I'm interpreting the previews correctly, something VERY interesting and exciting will happen in next week's Team Attack. :blink:

One thing is for sure Ryan Martin is the man, those guys are dedicated and put in the work. 

2 hours ago, Scott8950 said:

One thing is for sure Ryan Martin is the man, those guys are dedicated and put in the work. 

And he manages to do so without an arrogant attitude. 

BTW, I was beginning to worry about you, old friend. ;)