Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

No Prep Kings Season Four


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Snake45 said:

And he manages to do so without an arrogant attitude. 

BTW, I was beginning to worry about you, old friend. ;)

I've  been extremely busy lately but I'm still watching. I read an article on Google news where America's List season 2 is about to happen soon, can't wait for that. 

A good friend of mine who runs the local dragstrip here said most likely No Prep Kings will run off a pro tree next season to eliminate guessing on the light.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Scott8950 said:

A good friend of mine who runs the local dragstrip here said most likely No Prep Kings will run off a pro tree next season to eliminate guessing on the light.

I wonder if they'll pick up where they left off, or start over with a "list shakeup"? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

I wonder if they'll pick up where they left off, or start over with a "list shakeup"? 

I would like to see them continue where they left off. I just hope they figure out a way to race without all the dodging and drama this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Scott8950 said:

I would like to see them continue where they left off. I just hope they figure out a way to race without all the dodging and drama this year.

I'd like to see them come up with a way that the same two guys don't have to race each other more than twice (maybe three times) before somebody gets a chance to move up. Some of the list jams/stagnation got almost silly last year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Snake45 said:

I'd like to see them come up with a way that the same two guys don't have to race each other more than twice (maybe three times) before somebody gets a chance to move up. Some of the list jams/stagnation got almost silly last year. 

Hopefully they have found a way to fix all that and things go smoother this year. That's why most people like watching No Prep Kings more than the other shows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/25/2021 at 9:46 AM, Snake45 said:

I wonder if they'll pick up where they left off, or start over with a "list shakeup"? 

Snake, I think they should do two shakeups for the list. Have the top 10 from last year in one shakeup and the bottom 10 in the other shakeup. This way the person who finished number 1 cannot drop below number 10 after the races. Conversely, number 20 cannot get higher then 11 after the shakeup. 

Danger

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Snake, I think they should do two shakeups for the list. Have the top 10 from last year in one shakeup and the bottom 10 in the other shakeup. This way the person who finished number 1 cannot drop below number 10 after the races. Conversely, number 20 cannot get higher then 11 after the shakeup. 

Danger

Interesting....:unsure:

Meanwhile, about Ryan Martin: He first appeared on the show as a (unnamed) member of the road crew, one of the guys who stood at the far ends of the track to warn of the approach of police. Some episodes later, he turned up as a member of Freakin' Rican's crew, again unnamed. When he finally showed up with his own car, it was for a list shakeup and he ended that up in, IIRC, the #3 slot on the OKC list. For his first season or so, some of the OKC guys didn't like him because they didn't feel like he'd paid his dues to get so high up the list. Since then, of course, they've fully accepted him on the team--he's their flagbearer now, in fact. Through it all, it seems like he's been pretty much the same soft-spoken guy who hasn't let his success go to his head. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Good to see Ryan Martin finally get the Lizzy Musi curse off of him. I think Lizzy was in his head even worse than JJ Da Boss was at one time. :lol:

Disco Dean seems to pretty much own Team Attack at the moment. It's odd he can't seem to get things together for the main events. :unsure:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Good to see Ryan Martin finally get the Lizzy Musi curse off of him. I think Lizzy was in his head even worse than JJ Da Boss was at one time. :lol:

Disco Dean seems to pretty much own Team Attack at the moment. It's odd he can't seem to get things together for the main events. :unsure:

Seems Pat Musi has got a handle on that new car because Lizzy is fast! Ryan is a  great competitor and he's tough to beat. Watching this past week's show made me realize I'll probably never like Justin Swanstrom.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2021 at 8:21 PM, Snake45 said:

I'm not and have never been a fan of Jerry Bird. 

 

A clip shown last night of a upcoming episode appears that Jerry Bird is shoving and attempting to fight Pat Musi. I have a feeling the Bird brothers may be taken off the show. Not sure why Jerry would want to fight Pat but I guess we'll see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Scott8950 said:

A clip shown last night of a upcoming episode appears that Jerry Bird is shoving and attempting to fight Pat Musi. I have a feeling the Bird brothers may be taken off the show. Not sure why Jerry would want to fight Pat but I guess we'll see.

He's been pushing for kye to win and its not sitting well with the others. He seems to think everyone else should just lay down without realising or caring that they are all still in the running to win if ryan misses his tune, except for bobby who he told should be losing to them first round every week and bobby rightly said no to that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, stitchdup said:

He's been pushing for kye to win and its not sitting well with the others. He seems to think everyone else should just lay down without realising or caring that they are all still in the running to win if ryan misses his tune, except for bobby who he told should be losing to them first round every week and bobby rightly said no to that.

 I don't blame them for not laying down.  Everyone wants to win if not the championship atleast the 40k. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Forgot to post last week, saw something I'd never seen before on NPK: A Chevelle vs Chevelle race (Disco Dean vs Mike Bowen). 

This week's main race was my least favorite. All the good people lost, all the bad people won. Oh well, at least poor old "Dominator" went one round last week and this. 

And the only high point last night was in Team Attack with Ryan spanking Swansong's butt in the final. 

Yah, looks like next week Jerry Bird (I'm liking him more all the time) and Pat Musi swap hands. I got the impression that it was over one of them accusing the other of jumping, but maybe it's about Kye in some way or another. I guess we'll see. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2021 at 1:29 PM, Snake45 said:

Yah, looks like next week Jerry Bird (I'm liking him more all the time) and Pat Musi swap hands. I got the impression that it was over one of them accusing the other of jumping, but maybe it's about Kye in some way or another. I guess we'll see. 

Jerry clearly did not jump Lizzy was just late on the light. Jerry should have just let everything cooled off before he talked to them but I understand he was being accused of something he didn't do and wasn't happy about it.  I got to give Pat props though for doing what any dad would have done and sticking up for his daughter , Jerry is lucky things didn't get out of hand quickly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Scott8950 said:

I got to give Pat props though for doing what any dad would have done and sticking up for his daughter , Jerry is lucky things didn't get out of hand quickly. 

No problem with him sticking up for his daughter, but he laid hands on JB first--and remember she was in the wrong. Glad to see the NOLA team got it all worked out, though.

Didn't mind seeing Lutz win the invitational, but I really would like to have seen Disco Dean win it. He's really come from the pack of "also rans" to become one of the top 8 or 10 cars this season. Looking forward to bigger things from him. And he's kind of a character. Wonder if he'll be invited to America's List this year? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope disco makes the list, but isn't he just no prep? He sure seems to be the happiest racer on the lot. His win against ryan was probably the highlight for me so far and even ryan seemed happy about it. His team and the texas team seem to be the most together as far as camaradery goes. I just dont want to see team x win, their team seems to be the most big headed and unsporting and that just puts me off. The bullying brandon into avoiding the scales was completely out of order imo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, stitchdup said:

 I just dont want to see team x win, their team seems to be the most big headed and unsporting and that just puts me off. The bullying brandon into avoiding the scales was completely out of order imo

Agree completely. I don't like 'em. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Snake45 said:

No problem with him sticking up for his daughter, but he laid hands on JB first--and remember she was in the wrong. Glad to see the NOLA team got it all worked out, though.

Didn't mind seeing Lutz win the invitational, but I really would like to have seen Disco Dean win it. He's really come from the pack of "also rans" to become one of the top 8 or 10 cars this season. Looking forward to bigger things from him. And he's kind of a character. Wonder if he'll be invited to America's List this year? 

I sure hope he is invited. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, stitchdup said:

I hope disco makes the list, but isn't he just no prep? He sure seems to be the happiest racer on the lot. His win against ryan was probably the highlight for me so far and even ryan seemed happy about it. His team and the texas team seem to be the most together as far as camaradery goes. I just dont want to see team x win, their team seems to be the most big headed and unsporting and that just puts me off. The bullying brandon into avoiding the scales was completely out of order imo

Absolutely agree 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Once again Ryan Martin has shown he's a true champion and sportsman especially putting up 10k to the runner up. I was very happy to see Kye Kelly take 2nd in points over Swanstrom and the fan winning the bet with Swanstrom was the icing on the cake for me. Glad to also see Nola get passed the feud and just race, when they are working together Nola is a tough team to beat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seems to me, that the 405, (with the exception of Ryan) is nothing more then a bunch of  cheerleading ducks. Texas did not impress me very much either. next Monday it looks like we are back to watching the 405 race each other, (yawn). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Scott8950 said:

Once again Ryan Martin has shown he's a true champion and sportsman especially putting up 10k to the runner up. I was very happy to see Kye Kelly take 2nd in points over Swanstrom and the fan winning the bet with Swanstrom was the icing on the cake for me. Glad to also see Nola get passed the feud and just race, when they are working together Nola is a tough team to beat.

And even more so considering he could have taken a first-round callout from a teammate and cinched the championship before they even started, but he drew out of the bucket and won every round like a man. Bravo to him! A true champion and the undisputed No Prep King! BOO-YAH! 

1 hour ago, slicks56 said:

Seems to me, that the 405, (with the exception of Ryan) is nothing more then a bunch of  cheerleading ducks. Texas did not impress me very much either. next Monday it looks like we are back to watching the 405 race each other, (yawn). 

Tonight it looks like they start a new round of JJ Da Boss's team showdowns--3 hours, and looks like every Tuesday from now on. (I'll have to catch it streaming on Wednesday--Tuesdays are for Oak Island for me.) Those are usually fun. 

Don't count 405 out yet. Yeah they fielded several ducks but it looks like Jeff Lutz, Daddy Dave and Murder Nova could be strong contenders, if they could develop some consistency. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...