Model Cars Magazine Forum

No Prep Kings Season Four

6 hours ago, Snake45 said:

And he manages to do so without an arrogant attitude. 

BTW, I was beginning to worry about you, old friend. ;)

I've  been extremely busy lately but I'm still watching. I read an article on Google news where America's List season 2 is about to happen soon, can't wait for that. 

A good friend of mine who runs the local dragstrip here said most likely No Prep Kings will run off a pro tree next season to eliminate guessing on the light.

3 hours ago, Scott8950 said:

A good friend of mine who runs the local dragstrip here said most likely No Prep Kings will run off a pro tree next season to eliminate guessing on the light.

I wonder if they'll pick up where they left off, or start over with a "list shakeup"? 

30 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

I wonder if they'll pick up where they left off, or start over with a "list shakeup"? 

I would like to see them continue where they left off. I just hope they figure out a way to race without all the dodging and drama this year.

12 hours ago, Scott8950 said:

I would like to see them continue where they left off. I just hope they figure out a way to race without all the dodging and drama this year.

I'd like to see them come up with a way that the same two guys don't have to race each other more than twice (maybe three times) before somebody gets a chance to move up. Some of the list jams/stagnation got almost silly last year. 

11 hours ago, Snake45 said:

I'd like to see them come up with a way that the same two guys don't have to race each other more than twice (maybe three times) before somebody gets a chance to move up. Some of the list jams/stagnation got almost silly last year. 

Hopefully they have found a way to fix all that and things go smoother this year. That's why most people like watching No Prep Kings more than the other shows.

On 11/25/2021 at 9:46 AM, Snake45 said:

Snake, I think they should do two shakeups for the list. Have the top 10 from last year in one shakeup and the bottom 10 in the other shakeup. This way the person who finished number 1 cannot drop below number 10 after the races. Conversely, number 20 cannot get higher then 11 after the shakeup. 

Danger

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Snake, I think they should do two shakeups for the list. Have the top 10 from last year in one shakeup and the bottom 10 in the other shakeup. This way the person who finished number 1 cannot drop below number 10 after the races. Conversely, number 20 cannot get higher then 11 after the shakeup. 

Danger

Interesting....:unsure:

Meanwhile, about Ryan Martin: He first appeared on the show as a (unnamed) member of the road crew, one of the guys who stood at the far ends of the track to warn of the approach of police. Some episodes later, he turned up as a member of Freakin' Rican's crew, again unnamed. When he finally showed up with his own car, it was for a list shakeup and he ended that up in, IIRC, the #3 slot on the OKC list. For his first season or so, some of the OKC guys didn't like him because they didn't feel like he'd paid his dues to get so high up the list. Since then, of course, they've fully accepted him on the team--he's their flagbearer now, in fact. Through it all, it seems like he's been pretty much the same soft-spoken guy who hasn't let his success go to his head.