Model Cars Magazine Forum

thanks for the comments,

the  garage is made of foam core covered with corrugated cardboard from a craft store and the doors are painted over transparent plastic.

it's only 4 in deep with photos in the back, it's surprisingly effective. However I want to improve the asphalt to give it a more convincing look.

Even without that remarkable background, that truck really stands out.  Love the color.  Thanks for providing the Tamiya #s.  

Any chance we could talk you into some engine/interior/chassis shots?  I don't build a whole lot of pickups but yours intrigues me.

5 minutes ago, Monty said:

Even without that remarkable background, that truck really stands out.  Love the color.  Thanks for providing the Tamiya #s.  

Any chance we could talk you into some engine/interior/chassis shots?  I don't build a whole lot of pickups but yours intrigues me.

I build mainly to put them in a glass cabinet so I don't get to open the hood really. This particular kit was from MPC and the engine details were sparse.

but from time to time when I am in the mood I get the engine bay dressed up but nothing like the level we often see here, but I will post some of the builds I made with a more detailed engine bay.

and thanks to you all for the nice comments.

On 10/13/2021 at 1:35 AM, mchook said:

Great looking Dodge! I like your background too, Nice job!

agreed. like that truck!

On 10/13/2021 at 3:42 AM, happy grumpy said:

thanks for the comments,

the  garage is made of foam core covered with corrugated cardboard from a craft store and the doors are painted over transparent plastic.

it's only 4 in deep with photos in the back, it's surprisingly effective. However I want to improve the asphalt to give it a more convincing look.

like the background a lot. well done!