Model Cars Magazine Forum

Deckard's Rides

Terry Jessee

The original Blade Runner (1982) was supposed to occur in 2019. This is what Rick Deckard (Harrison Ford) was running around in. The little "detective" car is built box stock. The Spinner has a lot of extra work especially in the interior. That includes brass photo etch and scratch built parts. The film cars were built by Gene Winfield and featured VW Beetle engines and running gear.

deckard3.jpg

decksedanl.jpg

decksedanlr.jpg

spinner1.jpg

spinner2.jpg

spinnerinside.jpg

Edited by Terry Jessee
  • Like 1

I saw blade runner back in 1982 and just loved it I still watch it from time to time and I also saw 2049 which I find just as good as the original. I waited a long time to finally build a model when it became available. Your models are really stunning . very well done.

Syd Mead was truly legendary, sad irony he left us in 2019, the year the first blade runner is set

Terry, I've always enjoyed your work over the years. Great job! By the way, there's a feature on the Bangshift web page right now you should check out. It's Gene Winfield's recent party at his shop in Mojave. Several of the movie cars are in the article. https://bangshift.com/bangshift-galleries/gene-winfield-car-show-photos-the-2021-winfield-watson-custom-car-and-hot-rod-gathering-did-not-disappoint/