Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Coke Pinto

ewetwo

Nice work on the Pinto. This is not an easy kit to make look good, but yours turned out fine. Well done. Need more Pintos.

I really wish Round2 had issued the MPC kit rather then the AMT. The MPC is a much better kit, though since the tool has been modified, it would probably mean getting the much less attractive 79/80 Pinto.

Thank you Carl, Bob, Tom and Trevor. It's a good 10 footer. LOL. The body had a twist to it. So the hatch would fit flat and the front end would line up right. And there is nothing to hold the rear of the hood in place. I should have but something in the back to corners to at least support the rear of the hood. But too late now.

8 hours ago, espo said:

All looks good now. Nice color and the painting on the engine makes an otherwise lump of plastic look like a real engine. 

I agree.  Would you mind telling me what exact paint (EX: Testors #1612) you used on the engine?

Hey, you did a great job on this, I love it. Great color. You did a great job on a total garbage kit. I have one on the bench and there are very few good points to this it. Old tool, bad fit, no chassis details, under hood completely wrong and the list goes on. You turned this sows ear into a silk purse, way too go. 

I think it came out great. If it was warped, you can't tell now.

I didn't know the Coke Pinto included the 77-78 nose, I thought it only included the Pintera parts, which IMO weren't very attractive anyway. 

One question, does the kit include the slightly tinted glass, or did you do that yourself?