Model Cars Magazine Forum

William Shatner to take off into space at 1000

SfanGoch

On 10/13/2021 at 9:48 PM, SfanGoch said:

They'd say that the convex shape of the observation windows distorted what they saw.

The will claim Bransons orbital flight was a fake but Besos' flight was real because they just went straight up and back down because the is no round to go around.😅

6 hours ago, GLMFAA1 said:

What Wiliam Shatner really saw in space

:ARZhxf.gif.e3383241dcdd513a16c4a63d7b80392d.gif

Greg

(teef 00002 ta rorret - enoz thgiliwt)

Funniest 3rd Rock from the Sun line ever, from John Lithgow: "The same thing happened to ME!!!!" My nomination for all-time best TV meta/in-joke. ;):lol:

• Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 1:27 PM, Snake45 said:

...I learned a long time ago not to base my happiness on the fact that other kids could have more expensive toys. I've learned to make the most of what I have to work with, and find joy in it. 

Right on.

It disgusts me, how much of today's motivation seems to be the result of envy and hatred of those who have more, earn more, are smarter, more attractive physically, etc.

Life ain't fair. Nobody ever said it was, and wallowing in resentment of what-somebody-else-has only gets in the way of making the best of whatever gifts each of us was given by a random and uncaring universe..

Anybody with an IQ above 85 is pretty much responsible for making his own way in life, and where any reasonably intelligent adult is now is primarily the result of a series of conscious decisions...or a refusal to put forth the effort to make conscious decisions.

God knows...I've made so many stupid mistakes due to just not paying attention, bitterness, or laziness, and missed so many golden opportunities, it's a wonder I even made it this far.

But at this point in time, I'm just glad that there are men like Musk (and to a lesser degree Branson and Bezos) who have the ability and the interest to fund the kind of research, engineering, and development that may ultimately help to divert mankind's unfortunate tendency towards endless squabbling over insane trivialities, and focus humanity's collective energy instead on the greatest adventure we, as one race, will probably ever undertake.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
CLARITY
  • Like 2

On 10/17/2021 at 12:51 PM, Ace-Garageguy said:

Right on.

It disgusts me, how much of today's motivation seems to be the result of envy and hatred of those who have more, earn more, are smarter, more attractive physically, etc.

Life ain't fair. Nobody ever said it was, and wallowing in resentment of what-somebody-else-has only gets in the way of making the best of whatever gifts each of us was given by a random and uncaring universe..

Anybody with an IQ above 85 is pretty much responsible for making his own way in life, and where any reasonably intelligent adult is now is primarily the result of a series of conscious decisions...or a refusal to put forth the effort to make conscious decisions.

God knows...I've made so many stupid mistakes due to just not paying attention, bitterness, or laziness, and missed so many golden opportunities, it's a wonder I even made it this far.

But at this point in time, I'm just glad that there are men like Musk (and to a lesser degree Branson and Bezos) who have the ability and the interest to fund the kind of research, engineering, and development that may ultimately help to divert mankind's unfortunate tendency towards endless squabbling over insane trivialities, and focus humanity's collective energy instead on the greatest adventure we, as one race, will probably ever undertake.

Yeah Bezos and Musk are the great hope. Sorry when you are that rich you can bully people. They are not interested in making the world a better place , they are only interested in becoming richer and they don't care how they do it.

Hey if they want to live on Mars I say don't let the door hit them in the butt on their way to the rocket. 

5 minutes ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

Yeah Bezos and Musk are the great hope. Sorry when you are that rich you can bully people. They are not interested in making the world a better place , they are only interested in becoming richer and they don't care how they do it.

Hey if they want to live on Mars I say don't let the door hit them in the butt on their way to the rocket. 

Well sir, now we know where you stand in no uncertain terms.  :D

As an aside, I wouldn't throw wastewater on Bezos if he was on fire. But there's a lot of that around.

And his best engineers are leaving to join Musk's team, in many cases precisely because he doesn't "bully" people.

If I had the means, I'd be on a rocket to space immediately.

And personally, I think that although right now the focus seems to be space tourism, this is the "novelty" where it all begins. Lower cost, easily accessible space flight for science, research, development, whatever...it all begins here.

Remember, when it first came out, people thought the horseless buggy was a fad for the wealthy. And look what happened there.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, iamsuperdan said:

If I had the means, I'd be on a rocket to space immediately.

And personally, I think that although right now the focus seems to be space tourism, this is the "novelty" where it all begins. Lower cost, easily accessible space flight for science, research, development, whatever...it all begins here.

Remember, when it first came out, people thought the horseless buggy was a fad for the wealthy. And look what happened there.

Perfection. Go to the head of the class.   

Shatner looks heavyset because of the steroids he takes. I'd guess Prednisone, since that is one of the drugs keeping my wife alive. 

But, it could be many others. In any case that 'bloated' look he has is a clear indication that he is on some form of steroid. If it is keeping him healthy, more power to him.

Shatner Humor. The Rabbit Story.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2021 at 12:03 PM, OldTrucker said:

After a couple delays they finally got the launch off.

Already bored with it all.

Just millionaires playing with expensive toys and catering to those with deep pockets to take a giant (dangerous) carnival ride.

Has nothing really to do with space exploration as far as I'm concerned.

Think how much good could be done with the money spent right here on the planet where we have veterans living on the street and homeless children that they could be helping.

I understand what you're saying but Jeff Bezos does donate lots of money to charities as well. As foolish as it may seem, I still am glad that Captain Kirk made the trip. I usually admire George Takei but his remarks about this were tasteless and silly. I guess he's jealous. 

Edited by John1955