Model Cars Magazine Forum

This is the AMT FORD C600. Pretty much out of the box with a little weathering.

Always liked that truck, it has a distinctive front end. When I was young (a century ago it seems) we would see these everywhere. That what is fun with this hobby you can bring them back and with them, lots of memories.

garage01.jpg

C600 01.jpg

C600 02.jpg

• Like 4

Awesome!  I love how you positioned and shot the model perfectly to look real!  And that weathering - perhaps you can tell us more on what you used on that especially the front bumper.

I just saw a real one ( I think it was real, hmmmm) this week doing some service work on trees or something on the side of the road.  I slowed down to look at at and thought about this kit....

thank you all for your kind  comments.

Steve, For the bumper and cab I use the salt technique where you apply a base coat , usually different shades of brown, then  wet the areas you want to rust with water and then loosely apply salt over these areas. then you apply a top coat, let it dry and rub the salt off. For the cube, I used artist's oil diluted  and applied with a small brush to simulate rust around the rivets.

Dan, I use my model photos as wallpapers at my work place and I often get that " I thought it was real " especially from people who don't anything about scale models.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well done. I always have had an affinity for the CSeries (as well, and the Chevrolet counterpart) ever since I was a little kid. And it started with this which I received for Christmas around 1965/66ish(?). Marx Big Bruiser Ford tow truck. I am headed to NNL East this year, and will be looking for the CSeries in either the Hostess Straight truck, or Hostess semi combination.

60s-marx-big-bruiser-ford-tow-truck_1_e4e8d4cbfc858e99078d7a61611c5791.jpg

Thanks to all ,

4 hours ago, OldTrucker said:

That is awesome!

How did you do the air intake vents on the sides of the cab?

Johnny,

You have a keen eye for details, not many people noticed that. A shame that AMT never fixed this, a simple decal would have been an improvement. I simply drilled out the vents and added very fine pieces of stretched sprue, a little black paint for shadows. Simple but effective. Nice catch BTW.

regards,