Model Cars Magazine Forum

Star Wars, Star Trek, Battlestar Galactia Kits or Parts Wanted

DPNM

My modelling tastes have taken a sharp turn. I'm looking for Battlestar Galactia, Star Wars and Star Trek type kits. I will consider any type of spaceship. I'll also consider these type kit parts.

I'm not building any out of the box. What I am looking for are kits that I can convert or use parts from to design my own ships. I have some ideas but I don’t really know what kits will give me the parts I need or can use. I need to see kit box tops, or contents, as I’m unfamiliar with this genre. Please don't take it personal if I'm not interested in what you offer. As an example, I can't use the original Enterprise.

I have some 1/24-1/25 scale kits to trade. I also have some airbrushes I'd trade. I can PM pics.

LMK what you have and what you are looking for. Hopefully we can make a trade.

Send me a PM please.

***I'm always looking for Meister Brau/Blazing Bison kits/parts, Allison engines and I will trade model kits for airbrushes***

Edited by DPNM

• DPNM changed the title to Star Wars, Star Trek, Battlestar Galactia Kits or Parts Wanted
8 hours ago, DPNM said:

My modelling tastes have taken a sharp turn. I'm looking for Battlestar Galactia, Star Wars and Star Trek type kits. I will consider any type of spaceship. I'll also consider these type kit parts.

I'm not building any out of the box. What I am looking for are kits that I can convert or use parts from to design my own ships. I have some ideas but I don’t really know what kits will give me the parts I need or can use. I need to see kit box tops, or contents, as I’m unfamiliar with this genre. Please don't take it personal if I'm not interested in what you offer. As an example, I can't use the original Enterprise.

I have some 1/24-1/25 scale kits to trade. I also have some airbrushes I'd trade. I can PM pics.

LMK what you have and what you are looking for. Hopefully we can make a trade.

Send me a PM please.

***I'm always looking for Meister Brau/Blazing Bison kits/parts, Allison engines and I will trade model kits for airbrushes***

You may want to look to military as well. For instance Oilies has the Snark Ballistic Missile. It has wings like a plane, fuel drop tanks with fins and external drop off solid rocket boosters. It also has a removeable tale section so you can remove the engine. It has a very detailed jet engine. The wings have moving elevons too. Also has a to tractor and men and launching platform. Lots of parts for just 10 bucks.  That's the cheaper Lindberg. I noticed when I looked for pics Revell made one too. I don't know what's in that one though. Other jets may have the engines in it that you need too.  Just and idea I thought might help you out.

image.jpeg.fd89b9994ad30af87bce2f5e1a8c7f80.jpeg

3 hours ago, dwc43 said:

You may want to look to military as well. For instance Oilies has the Snark Ballistic Missile. It has wings like a plane, fuel drop tanks with fins and external drop off solid rocket boosters. It also has a removeable tale section so you can remove the engine. It has a very detailed jet engine. The wings have moving elevons too. Also has a to tractor and men and launching platform. Lots of parts for just 10 bucks.  That's the cheaper Lindberg. I noticed when I looked for pics Revell made one too. I don't know what's in that one though. Other jets may have the engines in it that you need too.  Just and idea I thought might help you out.

image.jpeg.fd89b9994ad30af87bce2f5e1a8c7f80.jpeg

Thank you DW, that is a good tip I had not thought of. Thank you.

I have 4 older Star Wars kits I'd be willing to sell if you are interested.  All boxes are open.  3 are not started and all parts/instructions present.  The X-Wing has barely been started -- Fuselage glued together and some work on laser guns, that's it.  All parts/instructions/decals are included.

Let me know if interested and I will figure out some pricing.

Glenn

IMG_20211019_104032.jpg

IMG_20211019_104008.jpg

IMG_20211019_104041.jpg

IMG_20211019_104021.jpg

I don't know if you're familiar with Zoids, but even though they're animal mechanoids, the broken down parts are a mind blowing wealth of sci-fi shapes and greebles. I bought a bin of parts at a flea market and use them in car builds, sci-fi, assemblage art, etc.

Sorry nothing to trade, but I like your creative thinking.

Zoids.jpg.395b93657c074c2cf63fe74597ac17d3.jpg

6 hours ago, Lunajammer said:

I don't know if you're familiar with Zoids, but even though they're animal mechanoids, the broken down parts are a mind blowing wealth of sci-fi shapes and greebles. I bought a bin of parts at a flea market and use them in car builds, sci-fi, assemblage art, etc.

Sorry nothing to trade, but I like your creative thinking.

Zoids.jpg.395b93657c074c2cf63fe74597ac17d3.jpg

Thank you for the idea Mike. I'll see if I can locate some and if they will work.

I appreciate your help.

PM sent Glenn

10 hours ago, fordf-100 said:

Hey Jim I think I have a built Star Trek shuttle if that’s of any interest.

They aren't really what  I'm looking for, at least at this time Phil. I will keep you in mind though.

Thank you sir.