Model Cars Magazine Forum

The hobby room.

landman

That must surely rate as the most incredible diorama that I have seen..... The small boy standing up close to the models on the bench, standing on his toes, and the young lady taking a photograph of the workbench scene is also very strong...... while the elderly gentleman who is presumably the model builder himself, is standing back to let the younger ones have a closer look. The composition of the whole scenario is absolutely perfect. One day, I would love to get somewhere near to this standard of diorama building....... this is something to aim for, certainly.

Do you happen to know who has built this diorama, Pat ?

David

21 minutes ago, Anglia105E said:

That must surely rate as the most incredible diorama that I have seen..... The small boy standing up close to the models on the bench, standing on his toes, and the young lady taking a photograph of the workbench scene is also very strong...... while the elderly gentleman who is presumably the model builder himself, is standing back to let the younger ones have a closer look. The composition of the whole scenario is absolutely perfect. One day, I would love to get somewhere near to this standard of diorama building....... this is something to aim for, certainly.

Do you happen to know who has built this diorama, Pat ?

David

No David, I "stole" it from a Facebook diorama page.

This is such a visual impact. There is so much incredible detail. You could look at it for hours and see things that you hadn't noticed before.

Thank you for posting Pat!

Kudos and a tip of the cap to the builder of this quality piece.

I just had a look at the photo of ' The Hobby Room ' using Microsoft Paint, and when you zoom in to take a closer look..... there is a small diorama of what appears to be a kitchen on the workbench to the left. Then when you look down to the floor in the bottom left corner..... you can see bits of plastic and those dropped parts that you cannot find when you are building a model....... this is absolutely mind blowing !!!

I would love to lnow what scale this is ? Surely it must be 1:24 ?

David

2 hours ago, Anglia105E said:

I just had a look at the photo of ' The Hobby Room ' using Microsoft Paint, and when you zoom in to take a closer look..... there is a small diorama of what appears to be a kitchen on the workbench to the left. Then when you look down to the floor in the bottom left corner..... you can see bits of plastic and those dropped parts that you cannot find when you are building a model....... this is absolutely mind blowing !!!

I would love to lnow what scale this is ? Surely it must be 1:24 ?

David

I looked at another one of his and it is 1:12. We can assume this one is too.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...