Model Cars Magazine Forum

Picked this beauty up the other day.

Geno

Whitebox 1/24 replica of Marilyn Monroe's Caddy given to her by Joe DiMaggio when they got married. He had it custom painted this color by none other than George Barris to match the color of an outfit Marilyn had that he loved. The only thing I didn't like is they didn't detail the interior in the right colors. I already have it apart to remedy that. I'll keep ya posted. It's still a gorgeous model.

3ylhzs5okwn_950x438 (1).jpg

Edited by Geno

Thanks guys, I do appreciate the kind words, they do keep me motivated. Bill, I used Rustoleum Rustic Pink and Vintage blush. i was trying to get as close as possible to the real cars colors off the shelf. It's not perfect but close enough to represent the real car. The colors ARE closer to the real colors, they just showed up lighter in MY pics under LED's. In natural light they look a lot closer.☺️

1959-cadillac-eldorado-seville-034the-marilyn-monroe-car034-a-piece-of-history-3.jpg

1959-cadillac-eldorado-seville-034the-marilyn-monroe-car034-a-piece-of-history-9.jpg

Edited by Geno