Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1937 pick up

Here's a quickie before I call it a day. Straight out of the box. Went somewhat well but I had a hard time fitting the hood to the cowl and radiator/grill ass'y.I Ended up gluing the hood shut, hoping it wouldn't end up hitting the roof if it popped up. CA glue to the rescue. The blueish hue of the background makes it hard to photograph that shade of blue/ grey(a mix of acrylics paints with a clear coat). I should have used a warmer light.

ford p u 37 02.jpg

ford p u 37.jpg

ford pickup 1937 01.jpg

ford pickup 1937 02.jpg

• Like 1

That looks really nice Mario.  I like the blue.  I always liked the running boards to be black as it breaks up the color.  Very well exicuted build.  I'm kinda parcel to 37 Ford pickups since I had a 1:1 street rod.  

DSC01642.JPG

Edited by Zippi

3 hours ago, happy grumpy said:

Thank you all for taking the time to comment.

Bob, your 1;1 37 looks really good , you said " had " I take it you no longer have it. This surely would turn some heads. It sure is a very cool truck.

Thanks man.  Sold it about 3 years ago.  The wife no longer wanted a Hot Rod.  So we now have a 49 Chevy 5 window pickup restomod.  Happy wife happy life.