Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jo Han Chrysler turbine car

happy grumpy

One of the best Jo-Han kit in my opinion. I built that kit when I was way younger. Botched it up real good. I found that kit on the internet a few years ago for 60 bucks so I decided to have a second go at it. It is not an easy kit, there many moving parts and not wanting to mess it up again I just glued everything shut. I am satisfied with the results and for those who are wondering, the paint is a mix of Tamiya metallic brown and Tamiya copper, don't ask me for the ratio though, I just eye balled it.

To this day, it is a very intriguing design and a shame that almost every one were destroyed. I don't know if apart from Jay Leno's one how many are out there.

thanks for looking

chrysler turbine car_B.jpg

chrysler turbine car 02.jpg

• Like 2

WOW! Now that is a NICE Turbine Car! I also built one of these years ago and it was no joke to get together. For its day, this kit was considered state of the art, but I can 'bout guarantee it left many a builder cursing under their breath, and I was one of them. Mine is here if you want to take a look. I ended up re-engineering the kit pretty much from bumper to bumper. 😵

1 hour ago, MrObsessive said:

WOW! Now that is a NICE Turbine Car! I also built one of these years ago and it was no joke to get together. For its day, this kit was considered state of the art, but I can 'bout guarantee it left many a builder cursing under their breath, and I was one of them. Mine is here if you want to take a look. I ended up re-engineering the kit pretty much from bumper to bumper. 😵

What Bill said.

absolute beautiful result. Wow. 

I'm a big fan of the Turbine Car and built nearly a dozen of them. But yout paintwork is outstanding!

Again thank you all for all the comments, I am relieved to learn I am not alone having  problems building this kit. One thing the jo han kits had is in their time ,I think the bodies were the most accurate and they had interesting subject matter. I really miss them.

Dominik, I saw your pics. The amount of work I put in mine is nowhere near the amount of work you did,you practically re design the whole thing. I just build it stock Any chance you could post the finish model ?

On 10/22/2021 at 11:28 PM, happy grumpy said:

Again thank you all for all the comments, I am relieved to learn I am not alone having  problems building this kit. One thing the jo han kits had is in their time ,I think the bodies were the most accurate and they had interesting subject matter. I really miss them.

Dominik, I saw your pics. The amount of work I put in mine is nowhere near the amount of work you did,you practically re design the whole thing. I just build it stock Any chance you could post the finish model ?

Thank you Mario! much appreciated.

I'm glad, that my pictures are online, because it is 10 Years ago i posted them...and had several filecrashes. Here are the links - i will not crash your post with too much of my pictures 😉

The Nr1 and 2 Prototypes: 

And the "Lively Set"-Turbine Car:

Hm. Just wondering where my other builds are gone. Only one Picture of the hole Collection (except two missing):

CIMG200510_041.jpg.d2e7ca76ecf5b9d1520c23b50f4ff34c.jpg

Edited by Dominik