Model Cars Magazine Forum

Donnie Allison OLDS 442 1978 PONOCNO

gks1964

8 hours ago, Mattilacken said:

Nice build! Is this the salvino jr kit? Body looks Almost as the chevelle, i know they being “siblings” but almost close enough to just smack the front on from the mpc Pepsi Chevelle..  am I right? 

Yep Salvino's kit! Needs a lot of work!!

31 minutes ago, gks1964 said:

The body for sure! I'm not using the chassis from the kit!! Replacing it with a stretched AMT 90's NASCAR Tbird chassis.

Ok, is the chassis for that kit One of those adjustable ones? I was looking of robing one of the salvinos Montecarlo chassis that are not the extendable one to my ‘75 Chevelle. The birds are hard to find here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Gerald,

I'm working on some old school nascar builds and want to modify the wheelbase on the AMT chassis, do you have any pics of your mod work to extend the chassis? I know it is the front frame. looking for some reference pics if possible. 

2 hours ago, wrenchr said:

Hi Gerald,

I'm working on some old school nascar builds and want to modify the wheelbase on the AMT chassis, do you have any pics of your mod work to extend the chassis? I know it is the front frame. looking for some reference pics if possible. 

I'll check to see if I saved some pix.

• 3 weeks later...