Model Cars Magazine Forum

1962 Lincoln in the weeds

carbuilder1950

I just finished this one today.

This is a curbside, that I like to build once in a while.

I can focus more on the paint , colors that compliment each other, and wheels and tires that may be different, but fits the car, and of coarse the stance.

The roof came from a 1962 T-Bird, with almost no modifications, and the rear bumper came from a 1965 Lincoln, because I like the ribbed style on the '65, rather than the smooth look of the 1962 Lincoln.

I know that's being picky and it was a small thing, and was a lot of work to reshape the body in several places, but I was happy with the look I accomplished, and it's a feature most people wouldn't even notice, but I like it.

The color combination is really different for a Lincoln of this year, but it's fun to pick out colors, in this case subtle, but has a kind of luxurious, rich look, like the 66' T-bird in the last pic.DSCN8274.thumb.JPG.ea0812168971bfaf3e4472327f407dda.JPG

DSCN8275.JPG

DSCN8277.JPG

DSCN8273.JPG

DSCN8276.JPG

DSCN8281.JPG

Edited by carbuilder1950
  • Like 1

I like the stance on these two. Obviously this is with the air Suspension aired down, but I like that look. Great colors, these can really change how a model looks/ The convertible top from the T-Bird looks good on the Continental.  

• Thanks 1

Hi David!

Both cars are great, and the color palette is in tune with the "luxury" status of those cars. Bravo!

But even if they roamed the streets in the same era, one can tell the TBird more "slanted forward" lines are more futuristic than the squarish "formal" look of the Lincoln. If only we saw more of those big luxury cars "in the weed", for one, I'd like it! 

Regards,

CT 

• Thanks 1

On 11/3/2021 at 6:32 AM, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi David!

Both cars are great, and the color palette is in tune with the "luxury" status of those cars. Bravo!

But even if they roamed the streets in the same era, one can tell the TBird more "slanted forward" lines are more futuristic than the squarish "formal" look of the Lincoln. If only we saw more of those big luxury cars "in the weed", for one, I'd like it! 

Regards,

CT 

@Claude Thibodeau , exactly my friend.