Model Cars Magazine Forum

beauty skool dropout

Jake-Off

im working on a 62 catalina kustom, which i have named beauty skool dropout, if u have seen grease then u might have a good idea of the colors lol but im in a bind, i need to know where who or how to make decals if u could help me out let me know it would be much appreciated

i thought of stencils and paint but id much rather just do a decal

thanks alot

jake

well i went and got a sheet of decal paper and printed out my lettering, but it seems like the ink is separating a bit but im letting it dry now and then going to coat it with a thin layer of flat clear, but if i dont like the end results, then i will bring the file to a pinter and see what they can do... but if u guys got a secret on printing kustom decals let me know please. the model wouldnt be all it can be with out this decal on it... and i prolly should have this in tips and tricks huh?

I've had good luck using decal film from Bare-Metal.com. It comes in clear 8-1/2 x 11 inch sheets that can be fed into your printer. I scan the decal or artwork as a jpeg file, then insert that into a word document page. Once it's inserted into the page it can be manipulated for brightness, contrast and size. When you have the desired size and color it can be printed out on the decal film. The decal film is available for inkjet and lazer printers. Besides clear film it also comes in white ( just in case the decal has a white background). Once it's printed on the film, give it a light coat of clear gloss coat or clear flat coat to keep the colors from running. Hope that helps.

thanks man, but i found a thread in tips and tricks about this same thing, i just over looked it befor

but my woman has a mac and we down loaded a font ironically nammed beauty school dropout i just need to print some stuff out, but first need to get white decal paper, i tried with clear but i soon found out that it dindnt show up all that well on brown