Model Cars Magazine Forum

1964 Pontiac Update 12/28

FordRodnKustom

Here's what I've been working on lately. It should be my last build of 2008. I hope to have it finished by the end of this week. B) I'm going for a 1965 sort of look, a little fixed up for the street. I got the interior finished up this morning. I'm having a lot of fun with this one. When ever I hear the Ronny and The Daytona's classic song this is the car I've always imagined :P

gto001-vi.jpg

64GTO011-vi.jpg

64GTO013-vi.jpg

gtointerior012-vi.jpg

gtointerior015-vi.jpg

Precord029-vi.jpg

Edited by Ron S.

Clean build, dead on period mods, lovin it! A neighbor bought one almost identical when he got out of the service (he had the "deluxe hubcaps, otherwise identical, right down to tripower, console & splitter exhausts) which is what I remember fondly when I hear "Little GTO". Nice build, thanks for sharing.

im lovin the stripe on that thing, very clean looking build ya got there, and also with the phone line u can use the copper for hot rod gas lines and vacuum lines, and save the coatings since they can be used for plug wire boots that look real close to scale... i just tested that out a second ago telephone line gets a thumbs up from me

Thanks all for your postive comments on this build! After taking a few days off this project for the Christmas holiday and to get my eyes seeing straight again after the BMFing, :D I decided to get the glass done. I sprayed a tint strip on the windshield and dipped everything in tinted future. After everything dries I get it all epoxied in and add some period speed equipment decals to the quarter windows. ;)

gtoglass002-vi.jpg

gtoglass004-vi.jpg