Model Cars Magazine Forum

1959 Chevy flat top 4 door

carbuilder1950

It's to bad Modelhaus is gone, but many of us got to enjoy their services before they retired.

Like many of us, I bought and put away many of their pieces to finish projects in my stash, to restore or just finish a build.

I bought a couple sets of these tops with the F&R glass.

Many of us saw the writing on the wall and stocked up, before the ultimate happened. Too bad, but that's the way life works sometimes.

I was being lazy, so I didn't do the 4 door, door panels.

002.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

002.JPG

006.JPG

013.JPG

012.JPG

DSCN8433.JPG

DSCN8435.JPG

DSCN8434.JPG

DSCN8443.JPG

DSCN8448.JPG

DSCN8449.JPG

DSCN8461.JPG

Edited by carbuilder1950
  • Like 1

Holly smokes Dave.  That is a Looker for sure.  Very Very nicely done man.  I can't tell you how much I like these ol 59 Chevy.  They were like boats back in the day but like a luxury home on the inside.  nicely detailed and the color is very fitting for that car.  Two thumbs up dude.

• Like 1

Absolutely stunning, I really wish there were more four doors available but I understand that the market for it is so small that no plastic kit manufacturer wants to spend money on a very restricted market. I wish I have heard about modelhaus before I too would have stacked some of their offerings. 

I am glad you build this one and share it with us because it would be a shame to keep this little gem for your eyes only. And the color is perfect for this car

• Like 1

I’m in tune with all the above comments, these are such elegant vehicles, truely a flat top. Your build David shows off the beauty, topped off with the Connie Kit on the back, it’s the 🧁 icing! There are many of us who missed out on the Modelhaus issues, much to our chagrin, yet it is great to see builds such as yours that bring the resin to life rather than in a box. Thanks for sharing, cheers Misha

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Misha said:

I’m in tune with all the above comments, these are such elegant vehicles, truely a flat top. Your build David shows off the beauty, topped off with the Connie Kit on the back, it’s the 🧁 icing! There are many of us who missed out on the Modelhaus issues, much to our chagrin, yet it is great to see builds such as yours that bring the resin to life rather than in a box. Thanks for sharing, cheers Misha

Hi  @Misha Thank you for your nice comments.

I'm sure many of us knew at the time, that the Modelhaus team couldn't keep on going forever as they were in their 70's, so I'm sure many of us here knew the end was near. R&R vacuum Craft and a few others were already gone, so the writing was on the wall.

I'm so grateful I got to know them, as they were very nice people, and they had a high quality product line.

Now the models I bought for $5.00 are going for a fortune. Funny how life changes

Edited by carbuilder1950

5 hours ago, Misha said:

well said.

David, that is such a beauty! outstanding! Thank you for showing some progress pictures.

• Thanks 1

Beautiful looking body conversion . I which I had the forethought to have gotten some of these but more doors didn't used to be so desirable as they are now. The paint finish and colors really look 1959 all over again. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Venom said:

I envy you for having those kits!

@Venom

It's hard for me to imagine these kits becoming rare and expensive. There was a time, it seems like yesterday, when these kits were in abundance,

and easy to come by.

I hadn't been on Ebay for several years, and when I went back, it was shocking to see how things had changed, in what seemed to me to be such a short time.

I could see it coming, but I didn't think it would be, what seemed, so fast.

But there are still a lot of nice kits for a decent price. It's just that they aren't the older kits.

Good luck to everyone building.

Dave