Model Cars Magazine Forum

November 2020 Round 2

Mr mopar

20 minutes ago, Motor City said:

The '71 Mach 1 should be decent.  I expect the 1970s chassis won't have the level of detail of the forthcoming Revell version, but the body should be quite accurate.

Should be the same as the 007 release a while back...maybe new decals? 

If the Revell kit is anything like the last Mustang they did, chances are it’ll be well engineered, with little to no flash, but have one glaring middle finger to the builder, like an unintended chopped top... worst case scenario the two can be kit-bashed to yield an accurate yet detailed model.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Smoke Wagon said:

If the Revell kit is anything like the last Mustang they did, chances are it’ll be well engineered, with little to no flash, but have one glaring middle finger to the builder, like an unintended chopped top

How much would you have to chop a '71-'73 Mustang top before anyone noticed?  It looks chopped right on the showroom floor! :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

How much would you have to chop a '71-'73 Mustang top before anyone noticed?  It looks chopped right on the showroom floor! :lol:

You bring up a good point haha. Kind of like a 49 Merc in that regard. One thing that’s intrigued me about the 71-73 sportsroof Mustangs is the near-horizontal back glass. I wouldn’t wanna be the guy who puts an open bag of candy on that package shelf.

16 hours ago, Smoke Wagon said:

You bring up a good point haha. Kind of like a 49 Merc in that regard. One thing that’s intrigued me about the 71-73 sportsroof Mustangs is the near-horizontal back glass. I wouldn’t wanna be the guy who puts an open bag of candy on that package shelf.

The body on the revell 49 Merc is so botched I tossed it in the trash and used the rest for parts. Almost did the same to the chopped 48 Ford and 57 Fords, but I am attempting to fix those.

I have to wait on the Revell Mustang, if anything like most other Revell offerings, the body will be screwed up.

1 hour ago, alexis said:

Thin Pickings in this video. Maybe Round2 is saving the Good Stuff for December........?

Some of the Nov releases have been pushed back to Dec (Surf Shark Cadillac, '63 Chevy II wagon w/ trailer, '74 Vega Pro Stock), so I suspect the items in this video will be Dec or Jan releases at this point...

Edited by Rob Hall