Model Cars Magazine Forum

2022 Atlantis Releases

Casey

• 4 months later...

Been looking forward to the Jungle Jim Camaro but know nothing about it. Reissue of what past kit? If it is, how good was it? Can't tell with a picture of the real car. Thanks for any info since I wasn't able to find much on the Internet.

1 hour ago, stavanzer said:

Could they get the decal sheet any smaller....?

Real car has 8 sponsors and JJ. 
Decal sheet has 8 sponsors and JJ. 
Real car and illustration of decals not actual size as stated. 
Lol. Literally first post after Casey posted news is a complaint. Gotta love this crowd. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻🎻

• Like 4

There's no shortage of misc. sponsor decal sheets available out there - I don't blame Atlantis for not including 100 other logos that they'd have to license (and then EVERY kit would cost more, and everyone would be complaining that there's a bunch of licensed decals included that they wish they didn't have to pay for...like we already see with the Coke decals in the AMT kits)

2 hours ago, TonyK said:

Been looking forward to the Jungle Jim Camaro but know nothing about it. Reissue of what past kit? If it is, how good was it? Can't tell with a picture of the real car. Thanks for any info since I wasn't able to find much on the Internet.

Originally issued in 1971 as the Heavy Hugger 

Boxart Camaro Z/28 Funny Car H-1342 Revell

And then as the Jungle Jim car in 1973

Boxart Jungle Jim H-1440 Revell

This was Revell trying to get into the Drag Kit scene, but sadly they are terribly inaccurate kits. The kits that followed where some of the best in business

9 minutes ago, stavanzer said:

Well, Chris, Mark, Jim and Jesse.

I guess I should have kept my mouth shut....

No, I am just pointing out other options for decals. I know we have been spoiled by Round 2 decals, but honestly, I would not really want to waste more decals on this thing than what it comes with. 

• Like 1

Atlantis, for the most part, is trying to get these kits reissued in as close to original form as possible.  So, if the decal sheet in the original kit had only what was needed for one particular version, then that's what Atlantis will be putting in their reissue.  The exception seems to be the Tom Daniel items, some of those have both new designs and a close approximation of what was in the original kit.

With the Camaro, I'd suspect they will issue it as the Heavy Hugger at some time in the future.  Maybe that version will get something different from what was in the Revell version of that issue.

• Like 2

It's unlikely anyone will ever issue a 1/25 scale version of that Cad.  Those 1/32 scale kits are quite nice, they have engine detail and plated parts.  The bodies are molded in sections but the pieces do fit together very well.  Besides that, and the scale, the only things lacking compared to newer kits are no vinyl tires or clear parts.  And Atlantis is rectifying the latter by adding clear parts. 

4 hours ago, Casey said:

I’ve had the above on preorder for several weeks now. I think we’ve said it will be out in June? The one I’m waiting for is the 1/32 scale ‘56 Buick. I believe they plan on bring that back?

33 minutes ago, TonyK said:

Thank you Jesse. That's a bad looking kit but maybe Atlantis will add a little improvement.

Just a little, but at least they are trying 

https://m.facebook.com/AtlantisToyAndHobby/posts/h1440-jungle-jim-camarotooling-was-updated-restored-hemi-engine-and-back-wheels-/4387402164673283/

image.jpeg.1fc1460a43611dc1cc975fce3fcdb013.jpeg

Edited by Daddyfink

On 3/23/2022 at 2:30 PM, Dan Hay said:

Man, I'd love to see a 54-56 Cadillac in 1/25 scale. I've never built anything in 1/32.

I, too, would like to see one of these.  Banthrico made 1/25th promo metal banks of the '52, '54 and '55 Fleetwood sedans and '56 Eldorado Seville (hardtop).  AMT made '55 and '56 Coupe deVille promos.  The '55 Coupes tend to warp badly, but the '56 not nearly as much.  As Mark stated, it would be unlikely, but look how well the '59 Eldorado kits did.  

On 3/23/2022 at 11:40 AM, TonyK said:

Check out my build of jungle Jim’s red camaro in the drag racing section of this form. I made it from body from the original kit mixed with a mpc chassis 

8 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

Looking at the list, I'm kinda surprised at some of the kits that Revell let go of.

I wonder what they're criteria was for selling off what they did? Did the new owners even look at what they were getting rid of? Or was it a case of "whatever is in the USA, just dump it."?

30 minutes ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Looking at the list, I'm kinda surprised at some of the kits that Revell let go of.

I wonder what they're criteria was for selling off what they did? Did the new owners even look at what they were getting rid of? Or was it a case of "whatever is in the USA, just dump it."?

Must have got them for a real good deal !