Model Cars Magazine Forum

2022 Atlantis Releases

Casey

3 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Looking at the list, I'm kinda surprised at some of the kits that Revell let go of.

I wonder what they're criteria was for selling off what they did? Did the new owners even look at what they were getting rid of? Or was it a case of "whatever is in the USA, just dump it."?

Yeah, I'm wondering about the status of the early 80s IMSA Mustang and Mustang GTO kits. Those were never run but a few times so they were likely still stateside if they still exist at all.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, tim boyd said:

That "Son of Troublemaker" is a very well thought out and realistic mid-engine funny car design and kit....at least equal in detail to the Monogram Prudhomme and McEwen 'cuda funny car kits....TB 

I am looking forward to getting one of these, the box art is excellent!  

15 hours ago, Fat Brian said:

Yeah, I'm wondering about the status of the early 80s IMSA Mustang and Mustang GTO kits. Those were never run but a few times so they were likely still stateside if they still exist at all.

The blue Mustang IMSA was reissued once, as part of the SSP, and looking at eBay prices, they are equal to or less than what a new reissue would cost.

Not sure there is a huge market for these kits, to be honest, even of Atlantis acquired them from Revell.

17 hours ago, tim boyd said:

That "Son of Troublemaker" is a very well thought out and realistic mid-engine funny car design and kit....at least equal in detail to the Monogram Prudhomme and McEwen 'cuda funny car kits....TB 

You just gave me an idea.... Mongoose Body with a Troublemaker Chassis

Rear-Engine Funny Cars | NHRA

Edited by Daddyfink

19 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Looking at the list, I'm kinda surprised at some of the kits that Revell let go of.

I wonder what they're criteria was for selling off what they did? Did the new owners even look at what they were getting rid of? Or was it a case of "whatever is in the USA, just dump it."?

They must have a strategy, and maybe the Drag racing models do not fit. There seems to be pent up demand for many of these kits, which fits the market for Atlantis, but would the kits Atlantis released do well world wide?  I am inclined to think the drag racing models might not appeal to people who are too young to remember those cars, or modelers in countries where drag racing is not popular.

If my recollection is correct, the Chevy Luv, and the  Chevy van were both produced in the United States recently, so They saved at least two molds which were in the US. 

I am interested to see if they release anything from the late stage of Pre-Merger Revell, like the very early 3rd gen F-bodies. 

17 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Hmm. So, '62 Mopars in 2024...?

Where did you see a mention of these kits? I looked and must have missed them.

And this is now listed at Model Roundup as "Coming Soon" in April.

Yellow Fever Competition Coupe

Keeler's Kustoms

Boxart Yellow Fever Competition Coupe 13101 Atlantis

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stavanzer said:

Where did you see a mention of these kits? I looked and must have missed them.

Atlantis has the molds for at least some of the Revell '62 Mopar annuals; it's going to take some restoration and licensing (they haven't gotten permission from Chrysler yet) - was hoping they'd come this or next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Atlantis has the molds for at least some of the Revell '62 Mopar annuals; it's going to take some restoration and licensing (they haven't gotten permission from Chrysler yet) - was hoping they'd come this or next year.

I hope they at least have the Imperial, but I'll take whatever they get!

homer-simpsons-the-simpsons.gif.5b6a1cee5320fc805870bdd6f8357803.gif

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RancheroSteve said:

Don't forget, that original IMSA Mustang was updated for the SCCA Trans Am Mustang (Roush, JPS, Whistler) and Camaro (Hot Wheels, Rain-X, Sunoco).

The first IMSA Mustang and the GTP kit should be fine, but yeah, I bet this early body doesn't exist anymore for the SCCA car. These are ones I don't think changed.

24-revell-gtp-ford-mustang-eleven_1_ab773146153aef28dfbb6e36a4043704.jpg.bde722e8ea51e9232b50b8e3e6a8ac58.jpg

• Like 1

Added to Atlantis site this morning.

Interesting engine choice. Kit contents description indicates gray and white parts, no mention of chrome plating.

YellowFeverDecal10.webp

Edited by GarryR
additional info.
  • Like 2