Model Cars Magazine Forum

2022 Atlantis Releases

Casey

On 5/24/2022 at 12:13 PM, TonyK said:

I just did a test fit on the windows. The rear has a hint of a gap on both sides and the front has a worse gap on both sides. Both of them have little to no extra area on which to glue them in place.

The poor fitting of the windows was the only reason I could never finish this kit - you just saved me 30 bucks!

Don't think anyone has posted this yet? (forgive me if I'm wrong)

Interview several months ago with Jim Keeler:

Provides a bit more insight into what he and Atlantis are planning as far as future releases (new tooled '27 T Roadster body, new tooling for a C-cab truck body on the Tweedy Pie chassis).

Note that Niteowl7710 already posted pics of these mockups from a show where they were displayed, but its still interesting to hear details direct from Mr. Keeler.  Hopefully the new bodies come to fruition (especially the '27 T).  Note that he makes a point of showing the Buick Nailhead engine, so I must assume they have that tooling and it will be showing up in a future release (I seem to recall that one wasn't included when some of the other engines were reissued a while back by Revell)

If you have the time, it's well worth watching the full interview.  This guy sure has lived an interesting life.  And watching this, would you ever guess that he's 80 years old?  If I'm blessed to live that long, I'd be happy to be half that sharp at that age.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Robberbaron said:

Don't think anyone has posted this yet? (forgive me if I'm wrong)

Interview several months ago with Jim Keeler:

Provides a bit more insight into what he and Atlantis are planning as far as future releases (new tooled '27 T Roadster body, new tooling for a C-cab truck body on the Tweedy Pie chassis).

Note that Niteowl7710 already posted pics of these mockups from a show where they were displayed, but its still interesting to hear details direct from Mr. Keeler.  Hopefully the new bodies come to fruition (especially the '27 T).  Note that he makes a point of showing the Buick Nailhead engine, so I must assume they have that tooling and it will be showing up in a future release (I seem to recall that one wasn't included when some of the other engines were reissued a while back by Revell)

If you have the time, it's well worth watching the full interview.  This guy sure has lived an interesting life.  And watching this, would you ever guess that he's 80 years old?  If I'm blessed to live that long, I'd be happy to be half that sharp at that age.

The Buick has been re-issued numerous times in the Ivo Showboat 

Tommy Ivo Four Engine Showboat (1/25) original from 1963 See details

Tommy Ivo's Showboat with Figure (1/25) (fs)

• Like 1

That video with Jim Keeler was a great watch!  Thanks for sharing!

Really exciting to hear that Atlantis is actually tooling up that custom C-cab body that we had seen preciously and that it’s not from an existing kit…way cool!  

On 5/30/2022 at 10:30 PM, Robberbaron said:

Thank you for sharing the video. Watched the whole interview and 100% worth the time. It’s very clear how near and dear these old Custom Car Parts sets are to him. I bet he never imagined them coming back and being directly involved. It’s clear the fellows that run Atlantis respect the history of the model car hobby. 

• Like 2

• 10 months later...