Model Cars Magazine Forum

Creamsicle- The Orange Little Deuce

Mr. Metallic

Welcome to Part IV of the "Life Cereal Faux-vivor Fake Out" saga- The Orange Little Deuce

2v2aYC4azxuy9t.jpg

This build is pretty much the inspiration behind this entire series. Over the last couple years I've been on a mission to collect the Tom Daniels versions of these Monogram Hot Rod kits, The Boss-A-Bone, the Son of Ford, and SweeTee. I managed to collect 3 builtup Son of Fords in various states of completeness. Between all of them I had parts to build one SOF, a near complete one, and the third would basically just be Orange plastic parts. That last bit is what got the wheels turning as the carcass sat there on my bench, what could I do with those parts? I love the Little Deuce, but the entire kit is molded in white, unlike the three other kits in the series that came molded in white and then a complementary color for the body parts. What if Monogram had used that formula on the Little Deuce? So, I pulled the LD specific parts together with the orange parts from the SOF, and you get what you see here.

2v2aYCkBGxuy9t.jpg

2v2aYCkAWxuy9t.jpg

2v2aYCkcyxuy9t.jpg

Fortunately on this one there wasn't a lot of repairs to make. I replaced a few of the white parts from a newer issue kit. After a gentle polishing of all the orange parts, and a few touches of flat black and Molotow, the assembly was pretty straightforward. I did take the opportunity to fill in the backside of the mufflers since it's an unattractive item on an otherwise sterling kit.

2v2aYCPSVxuy9t.jpg

2v2aYCPNWxuy9t.jpg

2v2aYCkaLxuy9t.jpg

2v2aYCkZWxuy9t.jpg

For the last time, to borrow a phrase from a popular Marvel TV show and comic series, What If... Monogram had released a third version of this kit before they changed the tooling? This is what it could have looked like. For more pics and details follow the link, and thanks for looking.

https://public.fotki.com/crstan/finished_models_by_me/survivors/life-cereal-faux-vi/creamsicle-little-deuce/

And, here it is posed with another what if, the molded in black Little Deuce.

2v2aYCkbnxuy9t.jpg

And here's links to the previous 3 entries in this series

Very nicely done. 

I'm a big fan of those Monogram releases and you have taken the theme to new heights. 

Tony.

Here's the original box, with the color changed to Orange in Photoshop.

Orange Little Deuce.jpg

Edited by TonyW
  • Thanks 1

On 11/7/2021 at 2:53 AM, TonyW said:

Very nicely done. 

I'm a big fan of those Monogram releases and you have taken the theme to new heights. 

Tony.

Here's the original box, with the color changed to Orange in Photoshop.

Orange Little Deuce.jpg

That is very cool. Thanks for sharing