Model Cars Magazine Forum

57 Chevy Gasser

bluestringer

2 hours ago, CabDriver said:

Good news is - Createx comes off real easy, so it won’t be a bunch of work to dunk it in the Purple Power and then give it a fresh coat!

Probably would, but I'm not sure if that silver sharpie would come off. I looked at some photos of some other builds of this car and some had the trim painted full out around the windows. I just did that. It's not true to 1;1, but looks ok. Just a shelf sitter anyway. Lesson learned, I need to find a better way to paint the trim. I will give the foil another try later on a different build. 

The paint looks great, excellent color choice.

I'm glad you got the trim bit sorted. It's like I say in my signature line, "Each kit I build is really only practice for the next one!". Once I developed that line of thought, it became much easier for me to push ahead and allow myself to make mistakes.

Nice work on the chassis, classic Gasser stuff there.

David G.

10 hours ago, David G. said:

The paint looks great, excellent color choice.

I'm glad you got the trim bit sorted. It's like I say in my signature line, "Each kit I build is really only practice for the next one!". Once I developed that line of thought, it became much easier for me to push ahead and allow myself to make mistakes.

Nice work on the chassis, classic Gasser stuff there.

David G.

Thanks. I really didn't get it sorted like I wanted, just tried to cover up my mistake by adding more trim than was really there. But I do like the green and I have some cool decals coming for it. 

Things not going well with this build. I broke the gear shift lever, and apparently lost the brake master cylinder or it was never in the kit. I got the lever back together, maybe I can find a master cylinder in some of my parts.  But I got some decals coming today and I hope to get them on. 

Well my decals didn't get here today. Probably be Monday and I'll be busy most of next week, so probably will not have time to get them on and finish up the Gasser. I'm going to be starting a new build after that. Something a little different for me. WIP will be in Other Racing.